Thursday, June 15, 2017

Week In Review

This is for the week of June 4-10.

The highs of the week were:
    UntitledUntitled
  • Making some progress on organization in our house on Sunday. John tackled a couple problem areas in the garage (that wall behind the girls in that picture), and I knocked out some overdue projects in Charley's room. Both areas look so much better and make my organizing heart happy!
  •  Taking Charley and Laney to the lake Saturday. John and I spent many, many days at the lake in our dating years but sold our boat prior to having kids. When our friend offered to let us come out WITH our kids, we couldn't wait to take them out. They both LOVED it so much and Laney woke up the next morning asking to go "ride boat?" again.
  • Some of our regular friend time Friday night in the basement after kiddo bed time. Always a fun time!
Untitled

The lows of the week were:
  • I had to stay at work late two days this past week. As always, it isn't too bad since it isn't the norm and it also wasn't too crazy or too late, thankfully. 
  • However, the second work-late day was on gymnastics day so I needed to pick Charley up by 6:45. I got caught up in something last minute at work which made me have to run to my car and race to the gymnastics place to get there on time. I realized I wasn't going to make it on time (Waze showed me arriving about 4 minutes late) so I called them to let Charley know as I KNEW she would panic. When I arrived (only 3 minutes late!) she was sitting down next to her teacher and I could tell she'd been crying. Ahhh! My poor baby! Made me feel so bad!
The best money I spent was on:
It was time for John's phone upgrade and he wanted to get the iPhone 7 like I currently have also - I upgraded last fall. However, I recently regretted my upgrade decision because I wanted the 7+ instead that has Portrait mode. John, being the awesome husband he is, offered to order the 7+ for me with his upgrade and he took my iPhone 7 for himself....my PINK iPhone 7. So, the best money spent was on the taxes we had to pay for the phone. I'm IN LOVE with this phone!

The book I am currently reading is:
I didn't get to read any of it this week, but I am sort of getting back into the habit of reading! Yay! The book I'm reading is The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney.
The TV shows I watched were:
We finished the last season of Bloodline. The last two episodes ruined the entire 3 seasons. SO disappointed in how they finished a good show. 
The dinners we had were:

UntitledUntitled

It was a very busy take-outty week...
Sunday: A Sunday usual - chicken and dumplings.
Monday: John and I both worked late and had my dad pick up the girls. As a thank you (and because our fridge was empty) we got take out Jim N Nicks BBQ for dinner.
Tuesday: Hello Fresh meal of Cherry-Drizzled Pork Chops. I did not cherry-drizzle my serving, thank you very much.
Wednesday:  Take out from Five Guys. 
Thursday: Swim Lesson night, so after swim lessons Charley, Laney and I ate at the dine-in Pizza Hut. John, who did not go with us, ate something at home.
Friday: The girls and I went to Chick Fil A on the way home so the girls could play in the tubes and eat dinner. John made another Hello Fresh meal - the Vietnamese Marinated Steak and I HATED the smell of it. Bleh. So, yeah, glad I did not wait until we were home to eat because I would not have eaten that. 
Saturday:   Ate dinner on our way home from an afternoon at the lake. Went though the Zaxby's drive through which hasn't been my favorite in the past, and ordered something different this time. I got the Cajun Club sandwich and it was SO GOOD. 

My favorite picture from the week was:

Untitled
Taken with my new phone, of course!

No comments: