Sunday, December 4, 2016

Real Life

Let me take a break from real life to show you some snippets of "Real Life" in our house today.

Untitled

Real Life: I've been working on this laundry all day, but keep finding myself sitting in that pretty green chair playing around on my phone.

Untitled

Real Life: John and I both do NOT want to go grocery shopping today. But we've got to - the fridge is pretty bare. So, we do as we normally do to settle any disagreement - Paper, Rock, Scissors. Best 2 out of 3 wins. I won, so I was pretty happy about avoiding that chore. But then, I traded him an offer to do the grocery store trip if he would put the lights on our house today. It is currently 41 degrees outside and raining. He REALLY didn't want to go to the grocery store today.

Untitled

Real life: This is what my children are doing as I type this. Playing Wii, eating goldfish, and Charley has DESTROYED her room today. We've got a looming "If your room isn't clean by tonight we are taking everything away that remains in your floor" threat hanging over her. I'll keep you posted.


Untitled

Real Life: There is a snowman shaped pancake grease spot on my kitchen table. I can't really remember why the pancake was laid directly on the table but for whatever reason it was and it permanently altered the finish of the table. WHY couldn't that have happened with a regular round pancake instead of the rare time I make snowman shaped pancakes??

Untitled

Real Life: I LOVE coming home to all the packages this time of year!

Untitled

Real Life: There is a cleaning brush on my patio table that the girls used on a warmer day a few months ago where they played car wash with the Cozy Coupe. I see it daily, and yet there it remains.

Untitled

Real Life: I packed away all of my fall stuff Friday and realized my fall stuff has an abundance of artificial fall flowers.

Untitled

Real Life: This tub of salsa leftover from lunch is sitting on my counter right now without a lid. John cleaned up before I was finished eating and recycled the salsa lid, and went ahead and took out the recycling for good measure.

Untitled
Real Life: This is my latest photo booth picture on my fridge. It's from last weekend at Stone Mountain, Georgia. Turns out six people cannot fit into a photo booth.

Untitled

Real Life: We are really starting to get good use out of the basement. Have a few things left to do still, but having a separate TV downstairs so I don't have to get the songs from their current Netflix favorite "Hi-5" stuck in my head has proved invaluable.

1 comment:

april said...

You know, I think I like this post more than the Day in the Life posts. It really made me smile. Thank you!