Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Laney Bug is ONE!

I have a 1 year old and a 4.5 year old yet it feels like I have a 6 month old and a 3 year old. Time is weird, y'all.

Laney turned one last Friday, and we celebrated with a bug themed party on Saturday. But I'll tell you about that in another post. This is my last monthly post...EVER. While I'm glad, because these things can feel like a chore sometimes, I'm also like "welllllll, at least that was one gimme' prompt a month where I can barely squeak out 2 posts a month lately". 

012a

I chose that picture because I loved that I finally got a picture where you can see her teeth! She has those 4 up front, and then randomly one molar has broken most of the way through too. I thought the molar was a canine, but doesn't seem that way in the 2.8 seconds she allows me to look and feel around in there. She is not following the proper teething order!

She's starting to talk more and more. She can say dog (dah!), more (dah!), that (dah!) and cat (dah!). Ha. But seriously, even though she does say dah! for many many things, she does throw in some actual words/sounds here and there. Mmmmmmmmmmm means she wants to eat, or wants more. She says awwwwwww when she lays her head down on your shoulder or when she cuddles. She makes barking noises for any animals, which as I said are mostly dah, but she will actually say cat sometimes. She says hi and bye bye. She definitely knows yes and no and shakes her head appropriately for those responses. And just today I about melted when she pointed to Charley and said "Char-yah". I mean, close enough, right? A couple other family members had heard it before, but this was the first time I heard it and I melted into a puddle right there on the spot. She also says Mama, Dada, Gaga and sort of Gran-da-da.


6570

She still loves playing in Charley's room whenever she can. She pulls up to stand and cruises still, but is now also standing unassisted for longer and longer periods of time. (nooooooooooo!) I give her a couple weeks before that first step is taken.

She's wearing some 12 month stuff, but moving more into 18 month stuff. Still a size 4 diaper and I've started putting shoes on her more lately and it seems she is a size 3, but she also has some size 3-6 month shoes from Carter's that fit great too. Itty bitty feet for her age I guess. I don't have official weight and height - her 12 month appointment is still a couple weeks out.


7137

She went on her first theme park ride on her birthday and mostly loved it. No tears, but no smiles either. Mostly her face read "what in the world are you guys doing to me?" She was more amazed at the people watching and the lights and sounds. Other firsts this month - whole milk! I ran out of formula a week before her birthday so I made the switch. She also had her first sweets (cookie cake on my birthday) and first ice cream.

Speaking of that first milk though...I know I shouldn't expect the same out of two different children, but when Charley switched to whole milk it went like this: that first time I put some cold whole milk in a bottle where she was used to having warm formula. She immediately pushed the bottle away so I then poured the cold whole milk into a sippy and gave it to her. She took right to it and that was it for bottles with Charley. I mean, could not possibly get any easier than that. So it was some extreme wishful thinking that I thought Laney would do the same. While she has taken her milk in a cup a few times, most times she is pushing the cup away and crying for a bottle instead. Soooo, I may actually have to do something to help this transition along.

6511

But besides all the stats and the things she's up to now, she's just really, really great, y'all. She is full of surprises and full of snuggles and I cannot stop kissing those cheeks and that soft head of hair. She nuzzles her little face right into the crook of my neck and says "awwwwww" and it is in moments like that where I just plead with the universe to freeze, even if just for a couple minutes. Her and Charley are so close to being so close if that makes sense and it just warms my heart. She is just perfect for our family and we are so glad she's ours.

  6654

Laney - thank you for the year full of new challenges for us all, but most of all thank you for the additional smiles, giggles and love you brought into our home. And my parent's home. And my sister's home. You share your sweetness with us all and we all soak it up.

Untitled


Last of all - Laney started out looking pretty similar to Charley but as the months have gone on, the similarities are getting a little harder to see. We are starting to see more and more John in Laney and Charley is more me, we think. I know they change a million more times between now and adulthood, but that's what we are thinking as of now. Both cute & both ours, but looking less alike. What do you think?

041a012a
Charley, Laney

Happy birthday sweet Laney! 

1 comment:

diana bowers said...

I meant to comment earlier, but I agree, they look less and less alike. Sisters, yes, but not the twin thing going on.