Tuesday, September 29, 2015

This Morning Stunk

1:00 a.m. - Laney wakes & cries. Only way to calm her is to nurse her. After 20 minutes she's content and goes back to sleep. I hope this is just a growth spurt or something because I've gotten used to sleeping through the night at this point.

6:00 a.m. - First alarm goes off.

SNOOZE!

6:04 a.m. Laney says "Not so fast!" and wakes. She's hungry again. Again, PLEASE just be a growth spurt. 

After she's done the rest of us get ready for the day. Charley protests against the outfits I've chosen and set out for her this week and chooses something else. So much for that time saver.

7:20 a.m. We all are out of the house early! Go us!

Rain, rain, SO MUCH rain.

Untitled


I'm SUPER tired from my interrupted sleep last night so I know I need to stop and get a soda before work.

I purchase my soda and as I place it in my cupholder I realize I left my actual breakfast (a smoothie) at home. UGH. Back home I go. So much for being early today.

I get back home, open the fridge to grab my smoothie and see Laney's milk for the day sitting there. Ughhhhhhhhh.

Call John. Tell him what he forgot. We cross our fingers that my sister Christy has enough frozen milk in her freezer for the day. (She did, whew!)

Meanwhile on my drive in to work - SO MUCH TRAFFIC. Not only am I NOT early, but will be a few minutes LATE at this point. 

Pull into the parking lot and have to stop as something was crossing my path.


Untitled


A skunk!

I Google what it might mean when a skunk crosses your path and not surprisingly have no results.

So, I'm deciding it means "Your day stinks!"

Happy Tuesday.

1 comment:

sharon mercier said...

A skunk out in the daytime means RABIES!!! Wel,l not always, but they are nocturnal, so I stay away from any varmits that are supposed to be asleep.