Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Mr. Life of Lacey: Part II

Figured it was about time to do one of these again. Also known as: that section of the brain that houses blog post ideas has dried up so I'll revisit stuff I've already done. I sent John these questions to answer and he sent these responses back. Some of them I just HAD to add commentary (as you know) so my comments are in parenthesis and italics.

So, Mr. Life of Lacey, my husband John.

Untitled


Q: What is a pet peeve you have about me?

A: Leaving your shoes just laying where ever you took them off so I can break my ankle later....

(True story. Well, not that I'm trying to break any ankles, but I do tend to leave shoes lying around.)


Q: What is your favorite vacation we've taken together? 

A: Daytona (with our Friends)

(This was way back in 2008. And besides the trip to Prague/Germany a few years ago, was the only friend vacation we've been on together.)

1930615_32195179324_7457_n1930615_32195184324_8144_n  


Q: What's your favorite thing to do with Charley?

A: Play Tag or play outside in general.


Q: What is your favorite food? What is mine? 

A: Kale Salad; Smoked Chicken

(I mean, yes, I do love when John smokes a whole chicken, but I wouldn't say my favorite. That's way too healthy to be deemed "favorite". Let's go with pizza or a buffalo chicken sandwich.)


Q: What is your greatest accomplishment in life? 

A: Our children.


12[1] 

(Ditto.)


Q: What is next on your home to-do list? What is the next thing I want you to do?

A: Wash the deck, replace the banister (I hate it), and stain it; Charley's wardrobe doors.

(I first sent this to John when Laney was just a few weeks old, so this answer is outdated. Charley's wardrobe doors are done so he has completed what I wanted him to do. He has yet to work on the deck but has moved on to lots of other projects since then!)


Q: Any new hobbies? 

A: Bee Keeping

Untitled

Q: Favorite TV show(s)? 

A: Walking Dead, Better Call Saul


Q: Favorite DIY thing we've done in our house? 

A: Irrigation and landscaping.

(I mean technically that isn't IN our house, but I'll let it slide. And, just to throw in my personal opinion, I think the irrigation is cool, sure, but landscaping has a long way to go.)


Q: What was your first impression of me?

A: I remembered crossing paths and thinking, “I know that girl”. You were tall, thin, dark haired, and I knew you were smart. That was my first impression of you.


Q: How accurate do you now think it was? On which counts do you think you were totally wrong and on which were you right? 

A: Pretty accurate. I’m never wrong. I don’t even have whiteout at my desk:

  desk 

Do you see any?? Point proven.


Q: If you weren’t in the profession you are, what would be your dream profession? 

A: Not sure, I wouldn’t mind being a Captain of a Naval Destroyer.


Q: If you won the lottery, what are the first five things you would buy? 

• buy me a boat
• buy me a truck to pull it
• buy me a Yeti 110
• ice
• some silver bullets Budweisers

(If you don't listen to country music, that last answer may not be as amusing to you. But I had a good laugh about it myself, especially since I think it would be pretty accurate if he did win the lottery!)

2 comments:

diana bowers said...

Omg, his work desk is so neat and organized (thought that doesn't shock me about John).

And now the song will be stuck in my head...

april said...

how fun! I wonder if my husband would play along. I doubt it.