Wednesday, April 15, 2015

THIRTY NINE WEEKS

Well, well, well. Didn't think I'd be doing one of these again.

Date: April 15, 2015

Due Date: April 22, 2015

Weight gain: 29 pounds total.

Belly Picture:


Untitled
39 weeks with Laney

310489_10150453485544325_1258944719_n
39 weeks with Charley

Photo thoughts: While I actually really like the way I look pregnant - even at 39 weeks,  I prefer the 39 week picture with Charley. She was already a week old here!

Pregnancy Symptoms/How I'm feeling: Physically, I honestly cannot complain! I am more exhausted in the evenings, but pain wise I really don't have much. I'm shocked about this!

I am growing impatient and HATE that the same few people ask me daily "you're still here?!" which is met with an eye roll and a forced smile and an implied "ARE YOU OR ARE YOU NOT LOOKING AT ME WITH YOUR OWN EYES WITH THIS GIANT BELLY STILL?" So, maybe emotionally I'm a tidge grumpy.

Cravings: Just going to leave the answer here from the last time I filled this out...

Chocolate chip muffins, chocolate anything actually, and for actual food - a Chick-Fil-A Chargrilled Club with no lettuce or tomato with colby jack cheese, waffle fries with honey roasted barbecue sauce and a Dr. Pepper. I don't want to know how many of those I've eaten this pregnancy.

Sleep: Well. Ahem. Last night in particular Charley came into our room at 3:30 for no reason at all and John got up and took her back to bed for me. And that was the end of sleep for me last night. I laid there for another hour trying to go to sleep, and then finally picked up my phone to entertain myself for a while longer, and before I knew it John's alarm went off and he went to go work out and then an hour later mine did. So, sleep wasn't so great last night but the weird part is that I don't feel completely exhausted like I would think I should.

Other than last night, I do still get full nights of sleep some nights mixed with other nights where I wake up on my own around the same time (3:30) and am usually up an hour before I fall back asleep. So, it's a mixed bag in the sleep department at this stage.

What I’m loving/I can't live without: The weather? It's been perfect minus some rainy days. 70s and 80s, breezy, and the short few weeks of the warmer weather where there are NO BUGS. It's a glorious time for a mosquito magnet like me! I can't think of anything that I can't live without right now.

What I miss? My friends! HI FRIENDS! I've either not seen some most of them since before I was even pregnant or the ones I have seen I've not been able to make plans with lately, which is in no way the fault of them not asking. I guess I just kept thinking I'd have Laney at the same(ish) time as Charley and so didn't want to make plans just to break them.

What I’m anticipating/Looking forward to: Having a baby! Squishy teeny tiny newbornness coming my way SOON. Cannot. wait.

What I’m stressing about/worries: The possibility of my water breaking at work, for one. I have an emergency bag at work with a change of clothes, feminine products, a TOWEL in case of failing feminine products, and a granola bar (because what emergency bag DOESN'T include a granola bar? No emergency bag I'd want anything to do with at least.) and it is ready and waiting for said possible emergency.

And of course just anxious to get her out and have her checked over and know she's healthy.

Milestones: 39 weeks is a milestone itself since I was SO SURE I wouldn't make it this far. Ha!

Differences between pregnancies: Overall length of the pregnancy, for one. Having to time contractions, for two, since I never got to that stage with Charley. Man - timing contractions stinks. I cannot believe this is how the majority of people realize they are about to have a baby. There's got to be something easier we can do. An app for that? And not the app that times contractions. I've got that. Still too difficult.

Maybe they haven't kicked up a notch yet, but they just aren't easy to time for some reason unless I'm sitting down and focused on them. Most have been just squeezy but more and more are more crampy feeling and they still just aren't that obvious to me. Water breaking is way easier.

Highlights of the week: Got to celebrate my birthday with my family Sunday (my birthday was actually yesterday though) which was nice. I thought for sure that since I actually made plans she was going to crash them. Nope. So then I thought she was going to steal my actual birthday thunder and share a birthday with me - nope again. Oh, anyways, HIGHlights.

Other highlights have just been spending more time with Charley. She knows that it is harder for me to do things with her and she's just been so sweet. "You don't have to bend down to get that book, Mama. I'll get it." "I'll hold you hand and help you walk there Mama." And just been overall more agreeable with John doing things for her when in the past she's preferred Mama do them. She's EXTRA sweet this week and I love her for it!

UntitledUntitled 

Goals for the upcoming week: Bring home a baby.


Movement: She's all over the place. Even coworkers have seen her moving around while they stop by my desk.

Boy or girl: Girl! Laney Beth

Birthdate prediction: I'm thinking this weekend now, since my previous guess of the 8th is long gone.

Summary: We are so ready for this baby. We have completely organized and cleaned every single room of the house over the last few weeks (the basement doesn't count as a room, right?) and it has remained clean in the mean time. Hospital bag has been packed so long I feel like I need to go through it again to remind myself what I packed. Charley's going-to-my-parent's-house bag is packed and ready to go, and her big sister gift is wrapped and ready too. Laney's car seat is in the car. Her room is organized and clean and diapers and wipes are at the ready. My to-do list at work is completely done. John mowed the grass last night and planted the garden over the weekend. The swing is assembled and is in the living room. I even set up the pack n play in our bedroom and every put a clean sheet in the bassinet part. We are for sure the reason we are still waiting - we are TOO READY.

At my appointment last Friday I was 3cm and the doctor said this exactly "You will not make it until your due date" which just added to my anticipation. They also stripped membranes which obviously didn't do anything over the weekend like I'd hoped. So, if I wasn't anticipating an early arrival in my head by myself, the doctor's office amped it up even more. She said "not make it to due date" and I heard "have baby tomorrow" and she meant "have baby on or before the 21st."

I go back tomorrow and am pretty excited about that appointment too. The progress keeps it exciting for me, as well as these contractions and other symptoms of which I'll spare you the details.

But, in summary (of the summary), IT IS FOR SURE BABY TIME. YOU HEAR ME LANEY BETH?!

6 comments:

diana bowers said...

I love that your emergency bag contains food, too. Hopefully you won't need it.

Jessica said...

I totally forgot what was in my hospital bag. I went to my 35 week appointment and was 3cm already so I freaked out and finally went shopping for all the stuff I wanted to wear. This time, I told myself, I wouldn't look like a schlub in an ill-fitting hospital gown in all the pictures. I bought new nursing tank tops, cardigans, yoga pants, and a couple light robes. When E was finally born at 41 weeks I'd forgotten it all.

Heather said...

Thirty-nine weeks! Just keep telling yourself, the longer she stays safe inside the healthier she'll be. (That's what I used to remind myself when the days ticked on and on [and in my two instances, on and on and on...]). It's awesome you're so prepared and ready so when Laney Beth does choose to be born you'll be able to devote 100% of your energy to her and not have to worry about anything else.

ps... You still look FAB!

Kara Keenan said...

With my 1st, I was 3 cm from week 37 until I was induced- 10 days past my due date. Proved my OB wrong when she said "the next time I'll see you will be in the delivery room" for 4 weeks running.

Nicole Tully said...

Oh my goodness, C is just the sweetest thing!
Isn't it crazy how each pregnancy is just so different? Sounds like you are progressing well though so hopefully she makes a timely entrance SOON!

Navigating the Mothership said...

While pregnant I am at NO TIMES without a granola bar. And each delivery bag had a few for post birthing emergency snacking.

So excited for you!! Wishing you a smooth and peaceful delivery.