Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Last Month

The title of this makes me chuckle - this post is about the last month of my life, however it could also mean that I'm entering the last month of this pregnancy. Hehe! Double meanings are so clever.

Anyways, I just knew my next post would be about the nursery. Ha! Really hoping this weekend I can get that done.

Instead, another catch-up type post.

We've been to the zoo and a children's museum, spring has now sprung shortly after we had a tiny bit of (our only) winterish weather this winter, I bought Charley some Disney princess sheets (!!), we visited an aquarium, took Charley to a sibling class at the hospital and John took her to a little building class at Home Depot, and we've just spent a lot of time at home since we've last spoken.

Untitled

And then this stuff, too:

---------------------------------------------------

Last night I had to run to Target because spring is all of a sudden here! I've gotten Charley quite a few dresses for summer (not even going to bother buying shorts at this point - it'd be a waste of money) but they are all sleeveless because that is what we need for the majority of the spring/summer down here. But, it's not quite sleeveless weather yet so needed some plain tees to wear under the dresses for now. 

I have had this issue every single year since Charley has been here, yet I return to Target every single spring looking for the same thing that just isn't there. PLAIN tees, Target. No bows, no lace, and good grief no graphics. Just a plain tee was all I needed and the baby/toddler section was a huge disappointment yet again.

I was just about to leave defeated when I remembered Charley is in a 4T now, which is justttt shy of the size 4 in the big girl's department so I wandered over to the other side where people with BIG kids shop. What do ya know? PLAIN tees and the only difference in sizing was the length. So I purchased something from the BIG GIRLS department and I nearly shed a tear. Good thing we get to start all over in the baby department really soon!

And yeah, they fit perfectly. My bayyyybeeee.

---------------------------------------------------

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my new job? Because I really do. It makes me happy. Even if the pennies I'll get while on maternity "leave" (I say "leave" because I'll take a laptop home with me and work when I can/if I can/if I want to - they are pretty flexible) will make it a couple of rough months in the budget - I still would take this 10 times over staying at the old job. Which, the old job didn't make me UNhappy either - I just didn't know how much better I could have it.

---------------------------------------------------

Have I mentioned here before how I am anti-plastic in food/drinkware? Because I am. I don't use many plastics ESPECIALLY anything that has to be reheated. Ack! So naturally, we are going with glass bottles this time and I'm pretty excited about it. The things that excite me these days are pretty lame huh?

Untitled


---------------------------------------------------

During the winter my mom and I have to get our thriftiness fix at second-hand shops and thrift shops while it is not yet yard sale season. I feel like I've gotten some pretty good stuff too! 

We are nearing complete in replacing all of the hideous builder light fixtures in the house. The bathrooms still had those awful Hollywood lights, so I scooped these up so fast when I spotted them at the Habitat For Humanity ReStore for only $10 each! And then I had to come home and look them up on Lowe's website where they are priced for a lovely $78 each. Score!

Untitled

And we had to find a new dresser or something for Charley's room because the one she had worked so great as a changing table we wanted to use that one again in Laney's room instead. I started out looking for just a dresser when I decided a wardrobe would be more fun. I found this one at the same Habitat for Humanity ReStore and one day we'll finish it up and I'll share an after picture with you, because the before requires you to use quite a bit of imagination to see its value. I paid $80 for it.

Untitled

This is a horrible picture, but one more favorite thrifted item I've gotten lately is this old antique baby stroller which I'm using as decoration in Laney's nursery. It was only $8 or $10 or something. Yay!

Untitled


---------------------------------------------------

We are going to Disney in October! I can NOT wait. It's not a long trip - just a long weekend - but Charley is going to be so beyond thrilled with it all. My parents are also coming because they want to see Charley's reaction too, and of course help out with Laney. 

We are already talking about it with Charley so there will be no "surprise! We're going to the airport to go to Disney" video. We don't have much patience and luckily she isn't the type of kid to ask about it daily. Although she HAS been planning her birthday party for a few months already and we still have 6 months to go for that one.

---------------------------------------------------

And finally - 34 weeks! Whoa!

Untitled

I didn't feel like doing the whole weekly survey thing again. Basically I am getting to the point where I get winded from walking all of 6 feet and I actually have some acid reflux here and there too - which I've never really had before. I had some last night which woke me up around 4, and even though the obvious culprit seems to be the Mexican food we had for dinner, I seriously think chocolate seems to be the common denominator every time I have it. Not cool, body, not cool. And despite appearances I am measuring right on track, but they only measure the front bump and not the back hump so I can't comment on the size of that at this point. 

---------------------------------------------------

Now, next up, nursery! Finishing it up THIS WEEKEND. Darn it!

3 comments:

diana bowers said...

Can't wait to see the finished nursery and Charley's wardrobe!

Heather said...

I hear ya on the clothing thing. I started buying Tory clothes for summertime and winter clearance stuff for the next size up, and I didn't even bother with shorts or t-shirts either. All the kids wears is dresses! No bother wasting my money on anything else.

Can't wait to see the nursery!!

Nicole Tully said...

You look awesome. That dresser/chest is AMAZING! Can't wait to see what you do with it :) And my girls also just moved up to the "big girls" section for clothes :( So glad that I have another little lady on the way to buy cute rompers and whatnot for, but also kind of sad that it's going to be harder for me to find coordinating clothes for the 3 girls now!