Wednesday, February 11, 2015

30 weeks

Date: February 11, 2015

Due Date: April 22, 2015

Weight gain: 15 pounds, plus the 10 I lost and regained for a grand total of 25.

Belly Shot:

10361315_10153565822889325_5952666780048472713_n
Laney Bump
30w4d
Charley bump


Photo thoughts: Umm guys. I am hoping it is just the fact that I was wearing the slimming color of black for the 30 week Charley picture, but this 30 week Laney bump is definitely bigger to me. And I have a bit more proof of the larger size that I'll get to in a second.

Pregnancy Symptoms/How I'm feeling: Really pretty great! Lots more grunting to roll over, bend down, put on socks and shoes and anything else other than sit in one position but I honestly cannot complain yet. My back does hurt, sure, but it's not unbearable and the support belt does help a lot with that.

Cravings: I am still wanting dessert with every meal. It's insane. I don't give in with every meal thankfully but as soon as the last bite of non-dessert food enters my mouth I'm thinking about my next hit of sugar.

I have been a TEENSY bit nauseous and not wanting to eat dinners lately similar to first trimester, but no where near as bad. It kind of just feels like there isn't any room for any more food after lunch or an afternoon snack so dinner is either pretty small or a couple of times not at all.

Sleep: Besides the difficulties rolling over (why do I need to sit up to help myself roll from right to left but I can roll from left to right without no where near as much effort?) it's still pretty good in the sleep department too. My pregnancy pillow is THE BEST and I'm so grateful that on top of having the huge effort to roll myself over several times a night, I don't need to drag the pillow with me as it envelops me on both sides. Thanks sister for this hand-me-down. Best ever!

What I’m loving/I can't live without: All the sweets. & the hints of springtime we've had lately which make me realize just how soon this is all happening.

What I miss? Can't really think of anything this month.

What I’m anticipating/Looking forward to: I signed Charley and I up to go to a sibling class at the hospital that I'm pretty excited about. I think she's going to love it based on how much she's talked about being a big sister lately. Also looking forward to finishing the nursery - although I really haven't gotten much further than the last time I shared with you. Soon though - soon!

Also, I struggled with whether to put this here in the 'looking forward to' category or below in the 'what I'm stressing about' category but I think it definitely belongs more here than there. So, at my doctor's appointment last week I was measuring a few weeks too big! Only 2 weeks before that I was measuring right on track so the doctor said it very well could just be the way she was laying. And then when I combine that with the fact that I just seem to look bigger, it makes me wonder. But, the 'looking forward to' part comes in when he said that if I'm still measuring larger at the next appointment on the 25th (had to go 3 weeks in between this time because they want me back on track with their schedule) that they will just repeat the ultrasound. So, I'm excited to either be measuring on track again and if not, then getting a bonus ultrasound.

Can I look forward to one more thing? I started going through Charley's baby clothing last week and since they are complete opposite seasons I have already started a stack of things that will not work at all (newborn sized Halloween outfits, 3 month Christmas things, etc) and I am giddy about getting closer to purging baby stuff. A huge part of our basement is taken up by baby clothing and baby gear and I can finally see the light at the end of that tunnel.

What I’m stressing about/worries: Nothing at the moment! Give me a few more minutes to think about it and I'm sure I'll come up with a list though. It's my nature.

Milestones: Passed the gestational diabetes test with flying colors! Yah!

Aha Moment: Don't recall any aha-ing this month.

Differences between pregnancies: Not a whole lot to be honest. I feel like Laney's movements are similar in quantity and gentle-ness to Charley's and besides the possible size difference, I feel like I'm carrying similar (higher) also.

Highlights of the week: Had a fantastic time meeting up with a friend and her sons at the children's museum AND the zoo (in the same day!) last weekend and hope to be able to keep doing fun things like that with Charley as her days of only child-dom wind down.

037a10967304_10153555459914325_1212834869_o

Goals for the upcoming week: More house organizing and cleaning, more nursery decorating, and need to sell/purge some stuff too. Definitely feeling nestier lately.

Movement: Lots. Nothing painful, but plenty that is making me scratch my head wondering WHAT body part I just felt. I really cannot tell at all.

Boy or girl: Girl! Laney Beth

Birthdate prediction: I'm gonna go with sometime in April.

Summary: I cannot believe the size of some of those newborn things I started dragging out last week. I feel certain that I was a little happy with the dryer settings the last time those things were washed and they all shrunk to Barbie doll sized clothing. No way my itty bitty Charley used to fit in those things. No. Way.

And even though I've mentioned a time or two before about not being certain about being done after 2 children (not to worry - John was more than certain for the both of us), I am feeling more and more confident that I'm ready to move to the next phase of family-hood where we don't have to plan around pregnancies or possible pregnancies or whether or not we can/should take an infant here or there. I opted out of several things the last two years because planning is just hard to do in this phase of life. And I miss several of my friends also. There are several friends that we get together and drinks are usually involved and if I can't be involved in that part I usually will just sit out lest I be annoyed with them all night. (kidding....sort of!) With all of the miscarriages and now pregnancy over the last 2 years, I've skipped out on a bunch and I'd like to have somewhat of my own life back a little bit. I think I'm ready to leave this phase of our lives behind. Not that I won't miss pregnancy and itty bitty babies though. That's my one hangup. I don't mind this part either so it's hard to make a decision to be done with something FOREVER. Anyways. That was way more of a tangent than a summary. Forgive me?

If I keep this up monthly as I have been doing, then only 2 or 3 left! Holy moly!

4 comments:

Nicole Tully said...

You do look bigger! Or maybe just rounder? Either way, you look fantastic! And I'm glad to hear you are still feeling well overall - that's great! I totally understand the whole no more pregnancy/newborn hangup when it comes to wrapping up this stage of life. I mean, we will have FOUR kids - it would be insane to have more, but oooooh boy do I just love meeting these amazing little people we make! And newborns..oh newborns! I don't think I'll ever feel "done" even though we are definitely DONE after this. But, yes, definitely also looking forward to moving on from this stage and enjoying a bit more freedom.

Nicole Tully said...

And by "freedom," I mean wine.

Jessica said...

"it's hard to make a decision to be done with something FOREVER." Totally. We're almost sure we're done, but...forever? No more babies? I love babies!

Heather said...

I'm so happy you're feeling so great (all things considered) during this pregnancy - you deserve it! I said it on IG, but you're absolutely glowing in that baby bump pic with Laney. Also, can I admit that it was a little therapeutic / freeing for me to read that you'll be ready to purge some of the baby stuff after this babe? Lately, I've been feeling more and more like we'll be done with two kids and it seems so ridiculous that I'm storing all this baby stuff in our basement. Stacks and stacks AND STACKS of totes filled with boy and girl clothes -- just seems so excessive. Anyway, maybe you've given me the inspiration to widdle down the baby stuff ... *maybe.*