Tuesday, January 13, 2015

26 Weeks

I honestly cannot believe how fast this is going. Everyone says that the second time around. It's totally true. Whoa. I think I checked the app three times to make sure it truly said 26 weeks.

Date: January 14, 2015

Due Date: April 22, 2015

Weight gain: 10 pounds, plus the 10 I lost and regained for a grand total of 20. I really like candy.

Belly Shot:

 261283_10150363616324325_7256167_n
Laney bump, Charley bump

Photo thoughts: I cheated on the comparison. That's actually 25 weeks with Charley and 26 with Laney. I really hated the 26 week picture of Charley's bump so I'm not using it. But other than that I want to say I look and feel smaller with Laney. And my hair is much better, so there's that too. Ha.

Pregnancy Symptoms/How I'm feeling: Feeling pretty great overall! I do have back pain at the end of the day but I ordered a support belt that should come today and hopefully that will help. The Braxton Hicks contractions started last week or so and those surprised me with how early they are and how much more intense they are, but I've just increased my water intake and consulted with some friends and they are much less alarming. I think that first day I really noticed them I just needed more water because they haven't been like that since.

Cravings: All the sweets. I can't get enough.

Sleep: Just dandy! The last couple of days I've even slept through John's early alarm clock when he gets up to workout. So a solid 8.5 hours a night. I'll take it!

What I’m loving/I can't live without: Leggings. I've never been huge on the legging thing until this pregnancy but I'm converted. I need more long tunics because I see this becoming a uniform for post-pregnancy.

What I miss? Listen. I'm no alcoholic but I miss beer, okay? Must I say this every time?!

What I’m anticipating/Looking forward to: Getting the ball rolling on Laney's nursery. The toys have been moved out (we were using the room as a playroom for Charley), the furniture has been decided on (we already owned it all - just had to decide what would go in Charley's room versus Laney's room), and the walls were painted, although they may need a second coat according to my painter 'Juan'. (wink wink)  I started one project last night and am anxious to get home and continue working on it. I'm also REALLY anxious to get out the bins of clothing and see how much we have that will work for Laney since her and Charley are opposite seasons.

Untitled

What I’m stressing about/worries: I have my Glucose tolerance test next Thursday and I'm a little worried about that because of that one black out episode and then of course my craving for all things sweet. I would just cry if I failed it...and then I'd move on and deal with it.

Milestones: Just nearing the end of the second trimester I guess. 1-2 weeks of the second trimester left depending on what calendar you follow which just seems insane to me.

Aha Moment: Just walking by Laney's room as it comes together and having the realization that this room WILL have a purpose after all. I wasn't so sure for a while there if I should make it more of a functional playroom or if I should just keep waiting.

Differences between pregnancies: I'm still a little less apt to show off the belly this time. When my coworker says anything about my belly getting bigger I immediately pull my cardigan closed. WHY do I do this - I have no idea. It's some weird reflex I can't stop.

Highlights of the week: Just nursery stuff I think. It's been a pretty normal week otherwise, besides lots of extra time at work due to accounting year-end and that's not exactly highlight-able.

Goals for the upcoming week: Pass the Glucose Tolerance test! Finish nursery projects!

Movement: Lots really low and really high. She was breech at the anatomy scan so I constantly try to figure out if I'm feeling feet or elbows on either side. I can't tell.

Boy or girl: Girl! Laney Beth

Birthdate prediction: I'm gonna go with sometime in April.

Summary: I am a tiny bit sad that this is the last pregnancy because I truly do love being pregnant - despite the stress of the first trimester and how awful I felt. But this part totally makes up for it. It's exciting, I love the way I look pregnant if I'm being honest, and of course the baby at the end is a huge reward. But I just feel so, so blessed that we were given this second pregnancy because we were so so close to throwing in the towel. Basically, I'm all over the board emotionally which is expected from a hormonal pregnant lady - right?

2 comments:

Navigating the Mothership said...

You look so cute! And my maternity leggings still call to me every morning...

Nicole Tully said...

I can't live without leggings - pregnant or not! You look so great - I think smaller this time around too. And realizing that I've put on more than DOUBLE what you have makes me feel like a giant beast, lol!
Can't wait to see how her nursery comes along. Loving the IG teasers ;)