Thursday, December 4, 2014

Halfway!

Twenty weeks! Halfway there! 4.5 months for those of you who aren't familiar with the weekly aging method of dating pregnancy!

Date: December 3, 2014

Due Date: April 22, 2015

Weight gain: Good news! I've gained back all the 10 pounds I originally lost and then 2 more on top of that. So, about 5 pounds in 4 weeks since the last update. Add about a pound a week for the remainder of the pregnancy and I'd be gaining less overall than I did with Charley (40 pounds or so), but I started out 10 pounds heavier so I'll end up about the same. I'm sure it's an exact science.

Belly Shot:

261658_10150363615904325_1548186_n

Charley Bump, Laney Bump

Photo thoughts: Oh man. Didn't realize it until now but looking at those two pictures I'm looking bigger this time around I think. Gasp! I am really liking the fact that it is ALMOST completely obvious that it's baby bump and not beer belly though. Still a couple things I put on and it's not quite obvious enough so I hang those back up for use later in pregnancy.

Pregnancy Symptoms/How I'm feeling: Feeling pretty great overall! Definitely in the second trimester bliss right now. Had a recent ultrasound which curbed any anxieties and symptoms are minimal at this stage so yay! Although my back and tailbone are really hurting me lately. I never had this with Charley so this is a new one. Find its most painful when standing for too long or when I go from standing to walking. Walking doesn't seem to bother me which is weird.

Cravings: Nothing in particular really. I'm able to eat (and enjoy) all the sweets again, so there has been quite a bit of warm-chocolate-chip-cookie-after-Charley's-in-bed action recently. For further proof of that, see section entitled "Weight gain".

Sleep: Sleep is good. Fall asleep easily and am not really waking in the night. I did break out the pregnancy pillow and I'm trying to only sleep on my side at this point now (does this matter now or just when you get bigger? I feel like Laney protests against it when I'm on my back so I try not to lay that way much.) so if any complaints it's just the lack of sleeping position variety in my life. Left side, right side, left side, right side. Booooring.

What I’m loving/I can't live without: Dark chocolate covered almonds. I asked John to pick up some dark chocolate covered pecans for me but he couldn't find those and bought these instead. I do love a pecan more than an almond but there is so much chocolate coating that you really cannot even tell what nut was supposed to be in there. Delicious!

What I miss? Is it concerning if I say alcohol again? Ha! John stopped by the store the other night to get a couple of beers for the evening and I was pretty jealous. I love a good tasting beer or two on a weekend evening. And of course we both have open bar Christmas parties this year that I won't get to enjoy. Worth it, obviously, but just a tougher time of year to be cut off. :P

What I’m anticipating/Looking forward to: Getting started on the nursery. I'm ready to buy paint, darn it! Let's get this show on the road!

What I’m stressing about/worries: Not much really. Some small concerns but nothing that's weighing on my mind. Quite the change from the last 16 weeks! I feel so freeeeeeee!

Oh actually, just remembered this. Knew it was too good to be true. So I had one little blackout episode a couple weeks back at a Christmas Show thing we go to annually. Lots of people + lots of walking + a poor breakfast that morning = me completely blacking out due to low blood sugar. I didn't fall down thank goodness, but doctor agreed that low blood sugar was likely the culprit and just to be sure to eat better from now on, but now I'm all worried about the gestational diabetes test at 28 weeks. I don't even know how I would survive on that diet so really hoping it was just a fluke thing.

Milestones: Halfway! That's all I can think of really.

Aha Moment: No aha-ing lately I don't think.

Differences between pregnancies: Just my overall feelings about it in general. With Charley I was PUSHING the bump out at this point and with Laney I'm hiding a bit. I don't know why - I AM so excited but maybe just don't feel like inviting conversations to begin about it? Who knows. I am weird.

Highlights of the week: The anatomy scan was a big one last Tuesday, and other than that just Thanksgiving with my family and a long weekend were pretty highlightable.

Goals for the upcoming week: Eat well for the busy weekend coming up! Who am I kidding - this whole month is crazy busy. I just need to remember snacks and water and to eat. What pregnant lady forgets to eat??

Movement: I still am not 100% on this. I don't know if its because I am only a believer if I can feel it from the outside or what. I feel flutters pretty often but then I talk myself out of it like nahhhhh, that was just in my head.

Boy or girl: Girl! Laney Beth

Birthdate prediction: I'm gonna go with sometime in April.

Summary: Feeling pretty good and canNOT believe I'm halfway through already.

6 comments:

'HoulaMom said...

Hooray for halfway! I'm glad everything is going well :)

Claudia said...

OMG!!! I obviously have not been on here for such a long time!! CONGRATS!!! i had no idea :) so happy for you guys :)

Claudia said...

and you look AMAZING :)

Megan said...

Yay for feeling good and for hitting the half-way point!! You look great! :)

Nicole Tully said...

Yay for halfway! I don't think you look bigger at all - it's just a more close up picture :) So glad to hear that you are feeling well and able to relax a bit more with this pregnancy. And I'm very excited to see nursery decorating details!

k said...

You look so great.