Thursday, September 4, 2014

Three.

Today my sweet Charley girl turned three years old!

  033

She had a fairly normal day today as both John and I had to work, but she did get to go to school this morning and take (mini) cupcakes to all of her little classmates and she was THRILLED about that. She spent some time at my sister's before and after school and then she was at my parent's this afternoon until we came to get her. Tonight we had my parents over for dinner and cupcakes and we gave Charley all of the gifts from John and I. It was a fun night for our little family and I can't wait for her low-key family birthday party on Saturday. You guys will be shocked when I share the details of it, promise.

012


As sort of an overall Charley update, I'm stealing pieces from two different bloggy friend's birthday posts for their children. I'm sure they won't mind.  


GROWTH

We go for her 3 year old appointment in the next week or two, but based on our home growth chart and scale she's 38" tall and around 30-31 pounds I think. Can't wait to see her percentiles because I have a feeling she's moving up the charts.

SLEEP

Still great! Bed usually closer to 8:30 or 9, and up for the day by 7 or 7:30 unless it's a work day, when we get her up at 6:45. She naps really well for my sister still with 2-3 hour naps. For me, not so much, but that's okay.

MILESTONES

She started preschool last week and I was so proud of her for how cool and calm she was when I dropped her off that first day. She gave me a hug and a kiss and just walked off with her new teachers, not a tear to be shed. I was left to see myself out.

I can't really think of anything else that stands out right now as far as milestones. I mean, what more is there between now and getting her license at 16, right? Ha.

FAVORITES

450 

Charley still loves her lovey blankets named Owly very, very much. Must have them to sleep every night. She is also really into art, play-doh, Littlest Pet Shop or other toys that have little figurines, and still loves her kitchen. She LOVES to go places. "Mama, let's go somewhere" she says almost daily.

THINGS TO DO

197 

Charley loves a good playground (or even a crappy one will do!) and loves to go to the bounce house place too. Of course there is also the amusement park Carowinds that we frequent often that rates pretty high on her list too. And you know what else she asks to do pretty often? Yard sales. She's totally my kiddo.

FOOD

No major changes here. She loves chicken and dumplings and probably spaghetti the best, but is pretty good about eating whatever we give her. Green beans and broccoli are usually the easiest vegetables to get in her, although she does love some coleslaw too, especially her Gaga's. She still loves all fruit too.

 PLAYMATES, FRIENDS and FAMILY

360

Her best friends remain Ella and Aidan and we try to see them as often as we can. You guys already know how big of a role my family is in her life, and also John's Aunt Sharon as well. She sends Charley notes and little surprises in the mail and Charley makes cards to send her back also.

And finally, as if this isn't long enough already, I asked Charley a few interview questions that I hope I'll remember to repeat each year.


1. What is your favorite color? Pink!

2. What is your favorite toy? Pink Bear

3. What is your favorite fruit? Grapes

4. What is your favorite TV show? Beauty and the Beast (she doesn't know the difference between TV shows and movies - they all play on the TV!)

5. What is your favorite outfit? Princess Dress

6. What is your favorite game? Hungry Hungry Hippos

7. What is your favorite animal? Kitty Cat (though I have to mention that a hippo rates pretty high up there too)

8. What is your favorite song? Monkey song from school

9. What is your favorite book? Hippo Goes Bananas (that was a library book and she still talks about it even though we took it back weeks ago)

10. Who is your best friend? Mama (oh melt my heart)

11. If you had $100 what would you buy? A pink hippo

12. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Bubbles

13. What is your favorite drink? Orange Juice

14. Where is your favorite place to go? Library

15. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Barona Dolphin, Hannah Hippo and Owlys

16. What is your favorite snack? Goldfish

17. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Cancakes

18. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Bacon (ha! Don't know if she's ever had bacon for lunch but good answer I say! Bacon is good any time of day!)

19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Cupcakes

20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A princess

3 comments:

k said...

Happy birthday! Three is pretty great.

Erica said...

She is adorable.

diana bowers said...

I think she is missing 20 other friends on 15!

I planned on doing the same blog (straight up copy from your 2.5 year blog) and an interview. ..it's obviously going to be late.