Wednesday, June 4, 2014

11 Things

All the cool kids did this weeks ago. I'm not, nor have I ever been, a cool kid. But Jess tagged me in this and I'm doing it, darn it. I'm just not going to tag anyone else because I don't wanna. But I'd love to read yours if you choose to do it and haven't done it yourself yet! I'll just be sitting in the non-cool kids corner waiting for you. The warm corner, if you will. Please join me in the warm corner.

1. What is your favorite type of cheese? 

Any/all? I am not a cheese connoisseur and do not know my way around the fancy cheese section of my grocery store. But rarely have I tried a cheese that I wouldn't eat again. For the most part though, plain ol' cheddar is what I prefer.

2. What are you excited about? 

I got a new job! I'm starting there in a few weeks, and before that happens I'm going on a vacation to Chicago and parts of Michigan. I've never been to that part of the country and I've also never taken a bigger trip with my child in tow so I'm excited slash nervous to see how that will go. Lots of exciting things coming up for me!

3. How did you celebrate your last birthday? 

That was only a month and a half ago and I honestly don't really know.

Oh wait! I was at the beach for my birthday! My birthday happened to fall on Spring Break this year and we were in Daytona, so I think we spent the day going out to eat breakfast and just doing our favorite usual things in Daytona. And then went out to dinner had brownie sundaes back at the beach house. I'm thinking that was a pretty great birthday!

4. What is on your bedside table? 

A lamp with a lampshade that looks horrible on it because I haven't found the right one yet. A tray I won a while back which holds my Kindle, my medical tape for my poor broken toe, and a few pairs of earrings. Also a really old alarm clock - at least 15 years old - but it still works so why would I replace?!

5. What do you order from the movie theater concession stand? 

Since I very, very rarely go to the movies I always go all out at the concession stand. If we didn't have dinner beforehand I'm getting one of the awesome theater hot dogs (or sometimes nachos instead), then of course a large popcorn, large drink which could double as a swimming pool in case I get warm during the movie, and candy. Although honestly most of the time I sneak the candy in in my purse because um yeah.

6. Do you have a garden? What’s growing? 

image

Flower gardens, yes. And John and a friend planted a vegetable garden too that you can see behind Charley in that picture. They got a late start to it this year so it's looking rather, um, puny at the moment but I'm surrrre vegetables will be popping up any day now. They planted tomatoes, squash, zucchini, cucumbers, peppers, and a ton of other stuff that I don't eat. 

7. Any summer plans?

Just the Chicago/Michigan trip I mentioned (also people - I need recommendations for restaurants and stuff to do for this!) (it's Traverse City and Petoskey, Michigan by the way) and then we have another camping trip reserved for Labor Day weekend at a place near us called Dan Nicholas. I'm hoping to squeeze at least one if not two more camping weekends in there too. But that's it! No plans at the moment to got back to the beach and that makes me sad!

8. Which TV couple(s) are you rooting for? 

Ross and Rachel? I am not really a big TV watcher you know.

9. What’s the last thing you bought? 

Ugh. Tires for John's truck. We knew the expense was coming up really soon but we weren't quite ready for it today. One started going flat on his way to work and there was no point in patching it to delay the purchase just a few weeks. Bah. What a boring large purchase.

10. What’s one thing you are passionate about? 

Sunscreen usage. Embrace the pastiness, people!

11. What are you grateful for this week? 

Family, as always. My family is so intertwined to help each other out that it's unfathomable that any of us could function on our own. I mean, we could, but you know. It's just amazing how much we're all there for each other.

9 comments:

  1. No. 11 is so awesome.

    You're more than welcome to join us in camping at Devils Fork State Park but you're starting the new job and just getting back from vacation. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ross and Rachel, lol! Me too, hahaha!
    And high 5 for #10 - I'm a sunscreen preacher through and through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Yay! You did it!
    2. Vacation and a new job is pretty awesome.
    3. Always acceptable to root for Ross & Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traverse City and Petoskey are the best! It's beautiful in the summer and you will love it. It is MUCH cooler, though, early in the summer so bringing pants and a sweatshirt or two might be good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new job! Can't wait to hear all about it. :)

    And ... I've never had a hot dog at the movie theatre. I didn't even know it was an option! (I must be living under a rock). I'm a popcorn girl through and through, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you flying for your trip or driving? Just curious in the off chance that you'd be driving anywhere near my area. I have no idea where those cities are though. I would still love to see you on the way down to Myrtle Beach though - we will be going week of August 11. Our girls need to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for vacation in Michigan!! You are going to love Traverse City and Petoskey. SO beautiful! But if you are coming in June, definitely bring a sweatshirt and pair of jeans as it still can get chilly in the evenings. I love Folgarelli's in TC for a delicious Italian sub. North Peak Brewing, which is right next door has yummy beer and food and is kid friendly. Sleder's is a fun, casual place to grab a burger or fish (and kiss the moose!). Right Brain Brewing is an awesome, quirky microbrewery that also has a small menu of waffle sandwiches (yum!). Moomers Ice Cream=delicious. If you like wine there are tons of awesome wineries. I like Black Star Farms. If you are a craft beer gal, I definitely recommend stopping in Empire during your drive between Traverse and Petoskey to visit Short's Brewing. If you wander up the Leelanau Peninsula, I can give you more restaurant/activity recommendations, as we spend all of our vacations up there. Feel free to email me: jessica [dot] fowle at gmail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for the new job! If you happen to go near Ann Arbor, look up Tios Mexican Cafe and try mount nacheesemo, best nachos ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmm brownie sundaes. I'm always a nachos fan at the movies. And, Ross and Rachel haha =)

    ReplyDelete

So, what'd ya think?