Friday, May 30, 2014

Zonked

Katie over at Bower Power has started hosting a monthly photo sharing link-up with monthly THEMES. Who doesn't love a good theme? I missed the first month's link-up but had really great intentions of participating in this month's theme of SLEEP. I had ideas, I did. But the day after Katie announced this month's theme I had a quick chance to snag a just-in-case-nothing-else-comes-to-fruition shot and I took it. And whattya know - nothing else ever came to fruition so this is gonna have to be it.

Charley naps really well for my sister during the week. Three, four hour naps sometimes. For us on the weekend we can get a solid two hours IF we 1) tire her out, 2) put Mickey Mouse on the TV, and 3) arrange the couch pillows just so in case she starts to wobble over into slumber. This Saturday afternoon we achieved the weekend nap and the light was so good in my living room that I took this just-in-case shot. She's totally zonked - TV on, shoes on, hair a mess and sleeping so good she couldn't even hear the camera shutter.

DSC_0307

The stats are as follows: ISO 500, f/ 2.8, 1/50, Nikon D5000 50mm lens

Can't wait to check out all of the other sleep picture party participants!

4 comments:

  1. You're just in case picture is great! I can't wait to see what you capture for the other monthly themes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness…nothing more precious than a sleeping babe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, such a sweet picture of Charley! Weren't you just chomping at the bit to run over there and squeeze the bejesus out of Charley looking so adorable? Of course- that'd be silly because she was SLEEPING so peacefully.

    I took some scrumptious photos of Aden sleeping last weekend so I just might link-up to this series as well. (Fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO sweet!! Also, I love that you are a Bower Power reader. :)

    ReplyDelete

So, what'd ya think?