Tuesday, April 8, 2014

He, Me, We

This post is a 'Division of Labor' post meets 'A Day in the Life' post. Basically, our roles and duties just when it comes to Charley's daily care. I would stick with the title and use the pronouns he, me, we throughout, but if I say "Me get Charley dressed" it would sound as if I'm a cave woman and that's not actually the way I talk, believe it or not. So, we'll use "me" in the title since it rhymes and sounds good and all, but I'll go ahead and use "I" in the blog where appropriate.

Tuesday April 8, 2014

6:40 a.m.  -  I hear John coming upstairs from his morning workout and HE makes his way to Charley's room to turn on her lamp so she'll begin waking up.

6:41 a.m - I go get morning hugs from Charley and begin to pick out her outfit of the day. Today she is going to my parent's instead of my sister's so I know that she will likely get dirty playing outside so I choose clothes that I don't care if they get stained.

6:45 a.m. - HE begins to make Charley's breakfast request of scrambled eggs, while I turn on the TV to a cartoon, another one of her morning requests.

6:50 a.m. - I throw a bunch of toys in a bag to take over to my parent's house. This is not normal since Charley has toys at my sister's to play with.

7:05 a.m. - Charley is done eating so I get her dressed.

7:15 a.m. - HE makes Charley's lunch while I am running out the door, so give her goodbye hugs and kisses.

7:18 a.m. - HE brushes her teeth and puts her shoes and jacket on her.

7:20 a.m. - HE takes Charley down to my parent's house, where she will play all day.

image
Not a picture from today. But, I bet pretty similar to what today looked like.

4:50 p.m. - I pull up to my parent's house and greet my sweet girl, while getting updated on Charley's day.

5:00 p.m. - Charley is extra cuddly so I cuddle with her and chat with my mom. Some coloring, cartoon watching, and toy picking up also goes on.

5:30 p.m. - I get us home safely (that drive up the driveway can be so daunting).

image
Another picture not from today. I don't think Charley possesses the ability to fall asleep in 45 seconds, although that would be cool.

5:40 p.m. - I begin blowing up Charley's new air mattress to test it out for an upcoming trip, while she helps.

6:00 p.m. - I then go to Charley's room to begin selecting clothing for a vacation coming up, while she plays in her room as well.

6:05 p.m. - John gets home and HE gets his afternoon hugs from Charley.

6:10 p.m. - 6:45 p.m. - WE take turns playing with Charley or helping her with what she wants to play with. She plays in her new air mattress bed, she plays at her desk, she pours me some tea.

6:45 p.m. - John reheats some leftovers for her dinner and HE gets her set-up at the kitchen table. (Just realized HE was responsible for all 3 of her meals today. SOMEtimes I take care of breakfast, but for the most part I guess this is the norm. I just never really realized it.)

7:00 p.m. - I let Charley pick out a few temporary tattoos and put them on her.

7:05 p.m. - I turn on the TV at Charley's request so she can watch a show or two before bed.

7:50 p.m. - HE cuddles up next to Charley on the couch and watches some of her cartoon with her.

8:00 p.m. - I take Charley to the bathroom so she can pee and brush her teeth.

8:05 p.m. - I put Charley in her bed and pick out a few books to read tonight. Tonight's choices: Sweet Dreams Mimi, The Curious Cat & Do You See Shapes. None of them are my favorites.

8:15 p.m. - WE give goodnight hugs and kisses and shut the door, and then the gate.

8:30 p.m. - Charley opens her door and talks to John over the gate where HE tells her I'm asleep (WE have to lie to her about this sometimes- she has a hard time going to sleep if she knows I'm available for retucking and all) and then HE goes in to help her back into bed and tuck her in again. She goes to sleep this time.

(Tonight wasn't a bath night, but I did want to add that WE both give her baths - it just depends on the night.)

6 comments:

april said...

This is a really interesting way to do a Day in the Life post! I can't do it today because a) I left before the kids woke up this morning and b) we are going to a birthday dinner tonight, but I think I'll have to borrow this idea from you.

Mama Tully said...

Your family seems to have a really nice mix of "he, we, & I" :) I have a feeling that if I did a post like this it would be a whoooole lot of I, I, I - more than I care to know for certain, lol! But such is life as a SAHM to 3 kids, I suppose.

diana bowers said...

Wait, you dressed Charley in clothes that can get dirty but NO bath....hmmmm. :)

Lacey said...

Ha! She didn't actually get dirty though, promise!

Heather said...

I loved this, too! But, I agree with Mama Tully ... ours would be a lot of "me" and not a lot of "he." Probably be too depressing to write out in blog form.

Heather said...

Also, I couldn't help but shout HE, I and WE when I read yours out loud in my head. Haha.