Wednesday, February 26, 2014

De-Boob Lighting: One Room at a Time

I let the builder put up their ugly standard boob lights as I wasn't ready to make lighting decisions with no furniture or design plans yet. But boob lights have got to go. The current count is this:
  1. The Office
  2. Dining Room
  3. Spare Bedroom
And I think that's it. We've gotten rid of one pair of boob (lights) already that resided in Charley's room and in the foyer. So we are moving right along in our journey. 

(Speaking of lighting, have I ever mentioned the space ship light they put up in our kitchen? That has also GOT TO GO in lieu of some recessed lights, but that's a story for another day.)

So the office. We are STILL working on it. Still needs paint. And I'm not sold on the decor just yet. The bookshelves need to be redecorated, and the travel collage wall needs a couple more things which I've been working on. And that awful terrarium I tried to create just like YHL's needs to go too. But, the worst part of the whole room is the boob light. 


image image image

The whole post is about the boob light and yet I didn't even feel the need to include it in any of those pictures. Oy vey. But we all know what a boob (light) looks like right?

So, I need some help. I've been looking at one light for a while (imagine that....it's a Young House Love original) thinking it will work, but another one showed up today on Joss & Main that I like too, but none of them scream out BUY ME. I'll even steal the pictures from the websites and share them here so you won't have to go clicking on hyperlinks getting your little pointer finger tired.

LA12039RU-01
The Young House Love one
Tripoli+3-Light+Pendant
The Joss & Main one

So I was thinking the YHL one because it sort of played off the globes, travel-ly things in the room and I like the look of it. & it's pretty affordable. The other one is still affordable and I just like it. But would another pattern over a patterned desk be too much pattern? I have a hard time answering that since I am a lover of all the patterns. Bring on the patterns!

What are we thinking? I'm going to need you to decide in the next 2 days and 20 hours because the Joss & Main one is only for sale for that long. Do we like either of these, or something else entirely? Links would be fabulous. Also, I'm not into $400 light fixtures, so if you link me to something that expensive that I end up loving I'm coming to beat you. It's like a wedding dress. You just don't try on dresses out of your budget because OF COURSE you will love it. So be a doll and rid my house of one more boob light, would ya?

5 comments:

diana bowers said...

I'm drawn to the YLH fixture, probably for the reasons you listed (travel, globe like)

NatalieKay said...

Okay so this was harder than I thought! I didn't fall in love with anything under $400. LOL.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_339994-82850-34533_4294687723__?productId=3388960&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=

^^ Less conflicting pattern-y. But I still like the YHL one better.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Decorators-Collection-Globe-14-in-Bronze-Pendant-Conversion-Kit-1236510280/203919162?N=5yc1vZc7nuZ1z0u42j

^^ I like that this one is more substantial looking than the YHL one.

Mama Bub said...

I like the YHL one for this room. Will it be enough light?

Mama Tully said...

I definitely prefer the Joss & Main one. I feel like the YHL one should be in a hallway or bathroom - a smaller space.

april said...

I want the Joss & Main one, but have no reason at all for it. Want. Badly.