Thursday, January 9, 2014

What's Luv?

image

I was on my way home today streaming some Pandora in my car. Fat Joe comes on in this classic song from 2001 and I start to sing along. I decide I want to 'thumbs up' said song, so I glance down at my phone (it's hooked up via the auxiliary cable to my car) (I have a feeling when I reread this blog in 10 years I'm going to be like whaaaa in the world was an auxiliary cable? We don't have ANY type of what you call cords in our flying cars these days!) so I can hit the little 'thumbs up' icon. I mean, I really like to sing along with Ashanti's part and am pretty certain I sound just like her so I'd like to increase my chances of singing this song again in the near future. 

Anyways as I glance down I see the name of the song is "What's Luv?" and it makes me ponder for a bit. What's Luv? Huh? When do they sing that? I figured the song would be called "Last Night" since Ashanti, and therefore I, sing it 26 times in one song. 

Wait a minute. You mean to tell me that all 26 times she's saying "what's love" and not "last night" and I've been singing this wrong since 2001?

2 comments:

diana bowers said...

Now I need to listen to this song because I'm not sure what the lyric is.

Heather said...

Ha. :) That song takes me back to some of my fondest college memories.