Sunday, December 8, 2013

Busiest Weekend Of My Life. Also, Why Am I Blogging Right Now Instead Of Sleeping?

This weekend was a doozy. I knew there was a lot planned, but I just didn't think I'd be running NON-STOP for all of it. I pictured many activities with ample time in between to relax. HA. Mind if I give you a play-by-play from Friday evening until this very moment? Great. Here goes.

Friday. 4:00. 

I'm off work and rush to my car. The plan tonight is to go to a Christmas parade with the family. It starts at 6:30 p.m. In order to get good seats and beat traffic, our plan is to leave at 5:00 p.m.

4:45 p.m.

I get to my house to run in and grab jackets, my camera and pee. 

4:46 p.m.

I leave my house and drive to my parent's house.

4:46 & 30 seconds.

Arrive at the parent's house. My sisters are not here yet so I wait for them to arrive. My sister who keeps Charley is bringing her here for me.

5:15ish.

We're all here. Both sisters, both nieces, the Mama and Charley and myself. Let's go ladies!

6:something p.m.

Get to the parade. Find a spot and claim it. Buy & eat some kettle corn and funnel cakes and wait for the parade to start. Anyyyyy minute now, parade.

Almost 7:30 p.m. 

Realize the parade is taking the route backwards this year compared to last year. Thought we were at the beginning of the parade, turns out we're closer to the end. Finally see some activity and the parade begins. I don't think the route takes an hour to maneuver so it definitely started late.

The parade is so, so good and Charley is loving every second of it. I think I watched the parade 25% of the time and Charley the other 75%. She normally goes to bed at 8:00 and it's way past her bedtime (and dinner time) by the time it's over and she's still going and still happy. 

imageimage1456656_10202615261652099_1364162752_n1464705_10202615261852104_342586025_n

10:00 p.m.

Arrive at Steak n Shake for a late night dinner. It's DELICIOUS and we head home.

1450900_10152050672576772_423581174_n

10:30 p.m. 

We're home. Charley's in bed and I am soon after. John was watching a movie and I play on my phone for a bit before finally falling asleep.

I thought FOR SURE Charley would sleep in the next morning after our late night....



6:30 a.m.

MAMA! MAMA! (cries) MAMA! over the baby monitor. I think I've read the clock wrong. She never gets up this early on the weekends. I go get her and her nose is running and I can tell she just doesn't feel good. I make the decision to bring her into our bed so we can all get a little more "rest". 

7:30 a.m.

Charley sleeps for another hour. John is still sleeping as well. I rested for that time but never really got any more sleep. She's now ready to get up so we go to her room to play.

8:30 a.m.

Breakfast. Get dressed. Try to finish decorating the house for Christmas. Make a list of the things I need to get done today. Do some of those items. (Clean NASTY kitchen, order Christmas cards, decorate, etc)

11:00 a.m.

John wants to do a home project today and he chooses working on that darn light fixture over the breakfast area table. I bought a "new" chandelier, but unfortunately one of the glass shades broke and we have no idea where to find a new one. John wants to go to a lighting store to figure it out. So I work on getting myself and Charley dressed.

11:30 a.m.

We're off. Get to the lighting store and they think it's a long shot of ever finding anything to fit. They suggest doing mason jars instead which is what I wanted to do for a chandelier in the first place. Of course now that they've explained how this can work with our current chandelier we are sold and know that's what we want to do. Next stop: Wal-Mart for mason jars and a few other things we need.

12:15 p.m. 

We make it to a Wal-Mart that is not our regular Wal-Mart. It was a bad decision. The people here are sketchy and rude and we just need to get in and out. We find the mason jars, diapers, and a few craft supplies I need for tomorrow's craft day and get outta there. Unfortunately they didn't have everything I need so I'll need to make another trip to the craft store later today.

12:17 p.m.

There is an Arby's next door to this Wal-Mart and that is my weakness, especially since there aren't many near me. We go through the drive-thru for just me. John and Charley have a much healthier lunch when we get home. 

1:00 p.m. 

Charley fell asleep on the way home and we try the car-to-crib transfer. As usual it was unsuccessful and she starts BEGGING to go to Gaga and Grandaddy's house. I oblige and we walk over.

2:45 p.m. 

Oh my gosh I've just spent over an hour and a half of my free time here and I never went to the craft store. Charley had fun with my parents so it wasn't a waste or anything, I just know I have a lot to do and I'm running out of time.

3:30 p.m.

We've been back home for a bit and I just got into a rhythm of cleaning and decorating when I realize it's just about time for me to go. My nieces have an ice skating show tonight that starts at 4:30 and we need to leave by 4. There's no time for make-up or hair doing. I throw on a hoodie and I go. Charley stays at home with John for the evening.

4:30 p.m.

Ice skating show starts. My nieces did so good and I really enjoyed it. Have some hot chocolate to keep me warm in there. 

859806_10152052807496772_1022822064_o861030_10152052808791772_1146818_o1493567_10152052811186772_1634796365_o

6:30 p.m.

Show is over and we all want to go to dinner now. I still need to go to the craft store so we stop by the closest place with craft supplies on our way to the restaurant: Garden Ridge. I only need felt and little wooden balls so I'm sure they'll have what I need.

6:45 p.m.

Despite this LARGE sign on the wall, Garden Ridge no longer carries ANY craft supplies. We have to go to another place 10 minutes away before we can go to the restaurant. Sorry family for being such a procrastinator and delaying your dinner for my craft store trip!

image

7:00 p.m. 

Found what I needed at the craft store and make our way to the restaurant. Thankfully, no wait and we sit and enjoy some Outback.

1496413_10152052814391772_545929720_o1492470_10152052814066772_565403090_o

8:15 p.m.

Headed home and talk to John. Charley won't go to sleep and he has a friend over. They want to go play some darts and ping pong in the basement and he wants me to get home to take care of putting her to sleep. I tell him I'm almost there.

8:30 p.m.

Get home, relieve John, snuggle a bit with Charley and get her to bed by 9. She barely had a nap today so after our late night last night too, she's out within minutes.

9:00 pm.

John and our friend Matt are in the basement having fun. I want to go join them, but I need to prepare my craft for tomorrow's craft day first. I sit at the desk figuring it out for about an hour before joining them.

10:00 pm. 

I hate ping pong, and am not really wanting to play darts either. I have one beer with them and shortly thereafter decide to go to bed myself. 




8:30 a.m.

I hear Charley on the monitor and it's John's birthday so I go to get her up and let him sleep. Our friend Matt stayed over also and is on the couch.

For the next hour, we have breakfast, Charley plays with Matt and we get dressed. Costco opens at 10:00 a.m. and I have a tight schedule this morning too so I need to be there right then.

10:10 a.m. 

My dad and I get to Costco and get everything we need. I don't know how I always end up "needing" so much every time I go there. Get John's birthday cake here but forget to get ice cream. Oh well.

11:00 a.m.

Call Salsarita's to place a carryout order for John's birthday lunch. Was hoping they could throw it together real quick so I could pick it up on our way home, but they can't have it ready until 11:45, so I'll have to go home and then go back out. Sigh.

11:45 a.m.

Pick up Salsarita's. 

12:00 p.m.

At my parent's house to celebrate John's birthday. We eat, have cake, John opens his gifts and then us girls get ready to start our annual craft day.

1502656_10152055170221772_1709212672_o1500797_10152055169506772_1511831873_o (1)

1:30 p.m.

Craft day starts. We make each of these crafts over the next five hours. At some point in the afternoon Charley goes home with John to nap.

886771_10152055188746772_287421337_oimageimage

More on the crafts in another post....

6:30 p.m.

John calls and says he wants to go the mall and asks if we're done yet. We basically are besides cleaning up, so I come get Charley up and bring her back to my parent's to clean up so he can go. 

7:30 p.m.

I help my mom with her Christmas lists for us all, and show her a couple things on the computer. 

7:53 p.m.

I realize the Amazing Race finale starts in 7 minutes so I throw all of my things in the car (it was freezing and raining today so I drove down) really quickly and race home. John told me there was a suspicious car going down the road as he left and asked me to bring my parent's with me when I came home to make sure no one was in our house.

7:58 p.m.

My parent's and I check every room and it all seems okay! See them off and race to the T.V.

8:00 p.m.

Set Charley up beside me with the iPad because she's not quite ready to sleep since she just woke from her nap 2 hours ago. On the first commercial break I get her jammies on her. 2nd commercial break I brush her teeth. 3rd commercial break I take her to her bed. 

10:00 p.m.

Finale is over and I am so happy with who won! Yeah! Flip over to the Panther's game to see who is winning. Eek. Not us. Decide to go take a shower instead.

10:30 p.m.

Remember John told me there was some laundry in the washer that needed to go in the dryer. Go take care of that and thank him in my head for doing laundry and cleaning so much on his birthday. He's such a good guy.

11:23 p.m.

Finish typing this darn thing and TAKE MYSELF TO BED ALREADY.

Also, tomorrow is my BUSIEST day of the month at work. And, my throat has that just-about-to-get-a-cold scratchiness. It was fun, SUPER fun, don't get me wrong. But, if someone could put in a request for a fluke snowstorm to come and cancel work tomorrow I'd be forever grateful. 

11:25 p.m.

FOR REAL THIS TIME. GO. TO. BED. No one is even reading this monstrosity anymore.



ADDENDUM: Went to go check on Charley just before I went to bed myself and when I see her, I realize she has no clothing on and no diaper on either. They are both neatly placed in the corner of her crib along with her baby doll's clothing who is also naked laying beside her. So then I have to feel around to make sure her bed wasn't wet (it wasn't), put another diaper on her, and put a t-shirt on her since getting footie pajamas back on her while she was sleeping wasn't going to happen. Okay. NOW I'll go to bed.

image

No comments: