Wednesday, October 16, 2013

She's Like Me, She's Like Me Not

First Love

Charley goes to the church childcare once a week while my sister goes to Bible study. A few weeks ago a little boy pushed her down and made her "bonk her head" and ever since, she gets huge tears in her eyes each week when they pull up to the church parking lot. You hurt her feelings and her tender heart remembers. She's like me.

John, Charley and I go to a fall festival. The children can go for rides on horses on lead ropes and we ask Charley if she'd like to do it. She says yes and without ever looking back she rides the horse all the way around the loop. She's so brave and not shy at all. She's like me not.

(When I told my mom about this she said "Do you think baby/toddler Lacey would have ever done that?" To which I replied "Absolutely not. Not even 8 year old Lacey would have done that.")

  1384244_10152266640834325_530261270_n 1378063_10152266640924325_1118849766_n


Charley cries; like, really cries. Her face instantly gets all red and splotchy. It takes quite a few minutes for the splotchiness to subside afterwards. There's just no way to hide it when you've been crying, baby girl. She's like me.

She loves fruit. She eats vegetables. She's like me not.

She's not really a morning person. She takes a little bit to wake up and get going. It's not that she's grumpy, it's just that she's not ready to talk yet. Or wake up quite yet. Or get out of her crib just yet. Or eat breakfast quite yet. Don't force her, she'll do it on her own in just a few minutes. She's totally like me. 

1370508_10152242442444325_130973827_n

Charley has great balance and coordination. My dad lowered one of the swings at their house so Charley could reach the ground and swing like a big girl. She LOVES it. She has had a few close calls with almost falling (which I'm not afraid of since she's so close to the ground to start with) but always manages to regain her balance and start over. She's like me not.
 
image 

One of her favorite things to do right now is play with Play-Doh. I think Play-Doh is most parent's worst nightmare, but with artsy/crafty parents like us we don't mind it at all and pretty much play with it every evening before bed. Charley of course loves it and benefits from the competition between John and I to make the best Play-Doh creature for Charley. She's like us.

2012-10-01
 
It's a beautiful day. 75 degrees and just a tiny bit of breeze. I enjoy the entire drive down to my sister's to pick up Charley with the windows down. I pick her up, buckle her in and as we leave the neighborhood at 15mph I hear "TOO WINDY MAMA! NO LIKE IT!" and the windows go up. She's like me not.

 It's bedtime and we tell Charley it's time to go to sleep. She protests a little bit but after thinking it over, she's content with going to sleep. She climbs into her bed with some assistance, lays down and lets us tuck her in. Before we know it she's asleep. Charley really likes sleep. Thank goodness she's like me.

5 comments:

diana bowers said...

When I saw the title, my first thought was "she better mention vegetables!"

Heather said...

Great pictures, Lacey! My name is Heather and I just have a quick question about your blog that I was hoping you could answer! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com

Heather said...

Love all of this so much! It's amazing what a mixture kids are of their parents. Truly a miracle :)

Laura Diniwilk said...

I could not love this post (and the lovely lady who wrote it) any more.

MillerMama said...

I love this! I may need to steal this idea since I have been a bloggy slacker lately.