Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Perfect Day

Saturday, September 14, 2013

6:30 a.m. Alarm goes off. (Okay, this one little smidgent of the day wasn't so perfect.)

7:00 a.m. Sneak out of my house while my baby and my husband sleep. Wander down to my parent's house. It's time to go to yard sales. Weather is the slightest bit chilly, but perfect.

7:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Collect more junk treasures than you can imagine. At one point we have to unload everything from the car onto the curb to rearrange it all to fit in back in the car. Oh, and for breakfast we swing by Bojangles in between yard sales and have the most amazingly delicious biscuit ever.

11:40 a.m. - Get home. See Charley and John in the yard pulling weeds together. Heart melts into a puddle.

11:50 a.m. - After a marathon find-Charley-something-to-wear-find-myself-something-to-wear-and-throw-my-hair-into-a-ponytail-oh-and-add-some-earrings-too, Charley, myself, my mom and sister are off to my nephew Wyatt's birthday party.

12:05 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. - Wyatt's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle birthday party! Charley has a blast sliding and swinging and playing.

1175560_10153237585920257_1764566244_n

3:30 p.m. - Home again. Charley SHOULD nap since she missed her nap time (12-2 or 3ish) but she wants to go outside. It's beautiful outside so off we go.

3:40 p.m. - We walk back down to my parent's house because I bought a couple of things for Charley at yard sales that I hadn't brought home yet. One was a $5 Cozy Coupe I knew she'd love. She does love it and drives it all around. I take a few minutes to check Facebook and see a great friend of mine had her baby boy this morning. Awwwww squishy baby!

4:00 p.m. -ish - Make our way back to our house with Cozy Coupe. We play outside for a while. Charley swings in her swing underneath our deck until John finishes cooking dinner.

6:00 p.m. Dinner!

6:45 p.m. My little country girl wants to go back outside to look for frogs. (Sidenote: at her birthday party last weekend one of the little girls caught a tiny hoppy toad and Charley has been talking about holding a frog ever since. Only, every time we find one and I ask her if she wants to hold it she gives me a very stern NO.)

7:15 p.m. There are no frogs in their usual spots tonight at our house. Charley says "look frogs Gaga Grandaddy's house?" so we make our way back down there. They meet us outside and we look at fish in their pond and finally find some frogs with the help of Grandaddy's flashlight. Every time we see one she asks for "more frogs?"

8:00 p.m. It's bedtime and it's dark. Charley gives double hugs and even voluntary kisses to my parents and we make our way home. I love love love how much she loves my parents.

8:10 p.m. It's past bedtime, and she could use a bath, but instead we read a couple of books, play for a few minutes in her room and Charley hoards some toys for her crib. As I try to leave her room, she constantly calls me back. "Mama! Can I hold that? (pointing to another toy in her floor) "Mama! Read that book?" "Mama!" "Mama!" "Mama!"

And I finally sneak out.

She doesn't want our perfect day to end just as much as I don't want it to. 

1 comment:

Heather said...

A perfect day indeed!

One of Tory's favorite things to do at the cabin is go "froggin'" as Andi calls it. There's tons of big bull frogs in the swampy weeds near the shoreline and Tory and Andi hunt for frogs forever it seems. No surprise, she says "more frogs" like Charley until she actually encounters one up close, then she wants nothing to do with it. :)