Friday, March 8, 2013

Answers: Part I

From my 'Ask Me Anything' posted here (questions are still welcome!) here are a few of the questions you asked with my answers. A couple of these questions I had already typed up and saved as drafts so these were super easy for me. You just gave me a little kick to finish them up and post them!

------------------------

Megan asked: when can we see Tuna again?!?!?

Hi Megan! So, I noticed you mentioned Tuna the other day in a different comment and I realized Tuna has been pretty absent from the blog for a long long time and I had already planned on getting some Tuna back over here for ya. But, I wanted to wait until I had a fresh, new picture of Tuna and it's been about 8 weeks since I've seen Tuna so I don't have one. I know, I know. I'm a terrible cat mommy.

Tuna has been living with John's friend Ben since we left the townhouse. My parents don't have inside pets so we found temporary housing for the cats while we wait (and wait and wait) for the new house to be built. John goes over there several times a week to feed them, brush them and give them some attention. I have only been over there a couple times and those times both John and Ben were out of town. I do feel a little bad for not going to visit them often. But that will just make them that much more excited when we are all reunited, right?

Anyways, if you want a real confession I will admit that I have THOROUGHLY enjoyed being pet free and therefore pet HAIR free. I will care for Reese and Tuna for the remainder of their lives, but I really think inside pets are not for me.

To hold you over, how about a vintage Tuna picture? This one is an oldie but a goodie. (From here if you haven't been around here for long)


Be back soon, Megan!

------------------------

MillerMama was playing detective and asked: Where were you on February 17th?

I'm so glad you picked this day, because 99% of the days you could have picked would have been like, um, work then home. Yippee. And if you watch the same amount of crime shows as I do, you know that that alibi NEVER stands up in court.

But this day, no. This day we were at The World of Coca Cola in Atlanta! I have ticket stubs and receipts and pictures to prove it, your honor.

Untitled

--------------------------

Then, Mr./Mrs. Anonymous asked at 10:04pm: Are you interested in having more children? If yes- in the near future? If no- why not?

And I guess Mr./Mrs. Anonymous couldn't sleep because presumably they followed up at 12:17am with this question: How are you preventing having more children?

Well, I was going to wait to tell you, but I promised answers so here you go:

261658_10150363615904325_1548186_n



Just kidding.

(That's a little Charley in that belly! Although I'm pretty sure I could take a picture today that looks pretty similar to this and I assure you there is no baby in this belly.)

Yes, we are interested in having another baby. I'd say also that we are thinking near futurish. (But not now. My parents are just down the hall after all!)

And, I did have the Paragard IUD as my method of birth control up until November. It worked great and I had no issues with it. I had my annual gyno visit in November and knew that I would want to have it removed somewhat soon, so told her to go ahead and remove it then. I like to minimize the amount of doctor's visits in which I have to shave for and I didn't want to come back another time. From then to now, we haven't prevented. I know from charting prior to conceiving Charley approximately when I ovulate, so I know when to be more careful. It's worked so far, and if that method fails it's really no big deal. We're ready-ish.

-----------------

What else ya got? I'll post some more answers to your questions in a little while but I'd love to prolong me having to actually come up with my own blog topics for longer.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

You totally had me fooled. That would have been a pretty good sneak pregnancy announcement.

Shannon H said...

My jaw hit the floor with the preggo pic. I was so excited for you. Tricky tricky :)

Heather said...

Ha! I just about fell out of my chair when I saw the preggo pic. I can't believe you didn't tell me already (!!!!!!) was the riot act I was just about to read you. I love reading these little q/a posts so now I've got to come up with a question to ask you...

'HoulaMom said...

My first thought when I saw that picture was "Hmm. Her hair grew really fast". LOL. I am odd.

Megan said...

Thanks for sharing a Tuna pic :) I hope the new house is ready soon so you can all be reunited, hair and all! Trust me, I know about the hair - we have two kitties and a 188 lb. Mastiff that sheds year round. Thank god I love them so much.