Monday, March 11, 2013

Answers: Part 2

Okay,  so on with Part 2. And as of now, this will be the final part in this riveting Q&A series.

Haley asked a few different questions because she's an overachiever and I love her for it.

First, what is your favorite part of the new house? 

Untitled 

Untitled 

Right now, I am still loving the arches in the entryway the best. I think I may regret having the office arch-ed instead of door-ed at some point in the future when people are coming over and there is no where to hide the mountain of paper in the office, but, beauty is painful right? Maybe it will encourage me to not have mountains of paper. Not likely though.

Most embarrassing moment?

I wrote about a couple here a few years ago and those are always the go-to embarrassing moments I say when this question comes up. But to play fair I figured I needed to come up with something else to share.

I think my problem with these is that I tend to block out anything embarrassing and so when I'm trying to recall something, my brain is like "nuh-uh! That memory is hidden behind this wall and you don't have access to it at the moment. So sorry!" But I promised my mind that it may have this RIGHT BACK if it'd just let me borrow it for a few minutes, and then it's free to lock it away again for good.

Okay so I don't think I've told ANYONE but John this one. Back when I used to work at Dillard's during college, I used to go out after work and drink with some of my coworkers. This one guy used to go out with us sometimes and he happened to live in our same apartment complex too so since it was late when we'd go home, he'd follow me sometimes to be sure I got home safely since our apartment complex wasn't the safest in the world. John had met him, there was nothing shady going on. Just a nice guy.

Anyways, so one night we left the bar and he followed me home. I REALLY had to pee, but have a pretty strong bladder and the bar was close to home so I opted to skip the nasty, no toilet paper, puke in the corner bar bathroom in lieu of my own bathroom at home that I'd be at in just a few minutes. So I get home and out of my car and start running across the parking lot to my apartment. Just then I realized Jason was behind me in his car making sure I was going to get inside okay, and he rolled down his window to chat for a second. My bladder couldn't take it one second longer, and while he sat there talking to me, I peed. It wasn't one of those oopsie pees where only a little gets out and you are good, my bladder emptied down my leg while we talked. It was dark outside, and I wouldn't put it past that apartment complex to have random wafts of urine smells floating through the air so I really don't think Jason had a clue. But I sure laughed when he finally drove away.

What is your go-to dinner meal?

Um, Chick-Fil-A? No, that's not an answer? Fine. If I have to come up with something on my own, I usually make Bubble Up Enchiladas.

------------------------------------

Kelly asked:

Where do you get most of your fabric for your birds?

For the most part, I get fabrics at Joann's Fabric because it's the closest fabric shop to me. That store is beyond ridiculously overpriced, but with coupons and sales I can get what I need pretty cheap. Since the birds use such a little bits of fabric, I can buy what are called 'fat quarters' to get a bunch of different fabrics without having to buy a lot so I buy those when it's a color/pattern that I don't think I'll use often. Those are $1.99 at Joann's, and just for comparison, Wal-Mart sells the exact same things for $.99. So yeah, if Wal-Mart has what I need I go there instead, but they have a very limited selection. Occasionally I'll go to Hobby Lobby but they have crazy hours and it's hard to get there if you work full time, and if I'm in Gastonia, NC I'll go to the fabric superstore Mary Jo's that Young House Love has talked about before.

When do we get a walk through of the house?

How about now? I may have already had this recorded when you asked so this was perfect timing on your part!

I doctored up a floor plan for you to follow along with which included mirroring the image since we flipped the floor plans to fit on our land, and made a super easy (ha!) to follow along path through the rooms as that's the route I took when making this video.


Concord

Here's a fun little game to play while watching this: Count how many times I say the word 'dark'. Make it a drinking game and drink every time I say it. You'll be guaranteed drunk by the end of the 9 minutes.



Are you drunk? If you refrained from drinking, my shaky camera skills may have had the same effect on you. Lots more has been done to the house since I recorded this last week, so I think next time I may try actual pictures instead. It's what I'm best at. Either that our I should audition to be a camera person in The Blair Witch Project II.

5 comments:

Diana said...

Will Charley get to pick her room?!

I haven't watched the video....maybe I should wait until I can drink.

The Beane's said...

Love the house! By the way you should mention that it is dark in there ;)
I really love floorplans! Is the basement just a big room? I know you guys can't wait to move in!

Haley said...

Totally loving the arch doorways and the floor plan! Your master closet is awesome! I love the open flow between the kitchen/family room/breakfast area. It is going to be so nice Lacey! I can't wait to see the finished product! Remind me again when you are expected to go to settlement?

Lacey said...

Um ha. There still isn't a date set for closing. Our loan is locked through April 10, and that's not even looking promising at this point. Stupid weather keeps messing up the septic system/well installation so once those finally go in we'll have a better idea, HOPEFULLY.

Haley said...

Oh that is no fun :( can't we just clap our hands and it be finished? We are expected to settle May 9th... but that could change so we shall see!