Wednesday, February 27, 2013
For most people, taking a shower is part of a daily routine and is super enjoyable. I am not one of those people.
I really dislike taking showers. I do think they are somewhat relaxing whilst taking them, but it's never enough to make me WANT to take one. Lucky for you, I do push through and take a shower when needed. But, I am not a daily showerer. I shower about every other day, or sometimes add an extra day in there. If there is mud or vomit or sweat or other icky bodily fluids involved, obviously the shower is much more warranted. But, I rarely sweat (probably due to rarely exercising) and I do my best to steer clear of those other bodily fluids too. So.
Other reasons I dislike showering:
- My hair. Gah. Taking a shower is basically starting over with my hair. I can get a good two days, usually 3, out of my hair. I could shower without washing my hair, but eh. My hair is usually what drives my need for a shower. And it takes so darn long for it to dry so it either makes for an extra long time to get ready in the mornings, a ponytail day, or going to bed with wet hair at night and waking up with Medusa hair. None are good options.
- Dry skin. Seriously, my skin is so dry and showering only makes it worse. Sometimes my feet are so dry and cracky looking that I try to put lotion on them to un-dry them, and I end up with shiny cracky feet instead. It's ridiculous. So, spacing out the showers helps my skin rejuvenate a bit of natural oils on it's own.
- Dry scalp. I have super thick hair, which usually leads to dry scalp. I am much more head itchy on showering days than on non-showering days.
- Dry. I like to be warm and dry.
- Time. My favorite time to shower is in the late afternoon and then I can let my hair air dry. Problem is that 5 out of 7 days of the week I am not home in the late afternoon. Which then leaves mornings before work, or night before bed. Both involve less sleep. Less sleep = no bueno. I am in no way consistent with what I choose. Sometimes I take a morning shower on Monday, and then a night shower on Wednesday and then an afternoon shower on Saturday.
So, am I alone in thinking this? Daily showerers, do you think I'm totally gross now? A quick google search tells me I'm not alone, but will anyone else actually admit it for fear of being known as dirty?