Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Updates and Write Offs

I have 134 days until my 101 in 1001 list is to be completed, and it's looking rather, um, not finished. But let's update first, shall we?

------------------------------------------

10. Eat at 10 local restaurants I've never eaten at before.

  • 9. Bad Daddy's Burger Bar
  • 10. Buffalo Wild Wing
  • 11. The Palm
Finished this one, and added an extra for good measure. And because the food at #10 was nothing to write home to the internet about so a #11 was needed.

---------------------------------------

26. Go on a picnic.

Untitled

Check. On a warm December day we took advantage of the crazy weather (and the fact that Charley was having peanut butter crackers for lunch and outside = less mess to clean) and had a picnic in my parent's front yard.

-----------------------------------------

40. Visit Charleston.

photo.JPG

Back in October, Charley and I made our way down to Charleston to meet up with a couple of our friends. It was the first time I'd been to Charleston since our 8th grade class field trip, and I plan to go back ASAP! Oh, and Charleston is prettier than the background of our picture suggests. This was actually at the rest stop we stopped at on the way. I was a poor picture-taker that weekend.

-------------------------------------

66. Find, get, and like a new hairstyle.

photo 1.JPG

LOVE wasn't part of the requirements of this one. But I'm an overachiever because I LOVE it.

---------------------------

67. Go out and play pool one night.


& I've still got it. I can kick some major booty on the pool table and can't wait to own my own table one day soonish.

----------------------------------

And that's it. I think that brings my totals up to this:

46 items are completed.
5 items are started but not yet finished.
4 items are in the works.
40 items are not yet started.
And these 6 things I'm going to go ahead and write off, meaning according to #36, I will be donating $5 to charity for each of these things.

81. Go swimming in our neighborhood pool 5 times.

Um yeah. No longer living in said neighborhood, and new "neighborhood" has no pool. Fail.

91. Make my Christmas cards one year.

I won't have another Christmas between now and the end date so this one is impossible. I technically did make my cards on Shutterfly or whatever each year, but that's not what I meant when I made this so I'm not letting myself off the hook.

92. Babysit each of siblings’ kids so they can have a free night alone.

My oldest nephew is now 15 and doesn't need to be babysat any longer. I don't know what I was thinking when I came up with this. Maybe I was trying to earn some good babysitting karma so that when I had my own child I would have siblings lined up to babysit her?

57. Dress up for Halloween.

Halloween will not come again before this is over, and this year I spent all of my efforts on Charley's costume.

54. Go to a haunted house.

Same as above. Although there is a year-round haunted house at Myrtle Beach I could go to if I really wanted to, but nah. I'm too much of a chicken these days anyways.

75. Beat Super Mario Galaxy II.

Another one I have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote it. I never did beat the last level and now it's been so long since I've played it I am positive I wouldn't even be able to beat the first level.

So, writing those 6 off, and writing a check to March of Dimes for $30.

Speaking of March of Dimes, I'll be walking in it this year in honor of Jen and her sweet boys Dylan and Noah whom I talked about here. Join my team if you'd like!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love your new haircut. LOVE! It looks great on you. :)