1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
Planned a first birthday party. Lived with my parents as a parent myself. Went to the Czech Republic. Rode a Segway. Made a large purchase with all cash.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did! I made none, so I was able to keep them all! Yay me! I'll do the same for this year. I love getting all A's!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! My sister-in-Law Racheal gave birth to my new nephew, Weston.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandmother passed away in May.
5. What countries did you visit?
Germany & the Czech Republic. Within the U.S. I visited New Orleans and Florida.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you didn't have in 2012?
A real yard. A real house without neighbors on the other side of the walls. More than one tree.
7. What dates from 2012 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
November 13th, my newest nephews birthday who ironically was born on a 13th just like his daddy and older brother.
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
I got a promotion at work right when I needed it. I had been looking outside of the organization for the perfect job and had just about given up on the search for a while when it fell into my lap. The money, the new knowledge, and the renewed sense of self came at just the right time.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Keeping up with friendships. I have really great intentions of keeping in touch with friends, and I never follow through. I hope my friends know I love them anyways, and I'll continue to work on it in 2013.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing crazy. A cold or two, and one stomach bug.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A trip to Europe.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Charley's! Everything new thing she learns/does/says merits big celebrations from me!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I was pretty shocked with several Facebook friend's STRONG opinions around election time, Chick Fil-A battles, and whatever other opinion-inducing events happened in 2012. I didn't get depressed over any of them though.
14. Where did most your money go?
Not the mortgage, haha. 2 big purchases this year: Europe Trip & Hardwood Floors.
|Aren't they pretty? I can't wait to see them in our new house!|
Um, I was mildly excited about going to New Orleans on my own (only mildly because the nerves kept me from being really, really excited) if we're talking big things. Otherwise, I mean, I get really, really excited about lots of things: getting packages in the mail, opening packages even if it's a ream of paper, coloring with a brand new crayon, etc.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
There's a song that I've loved for several months that I can NEVER remember the name of or the band if I'm asked. After some googling, I've realized (for the eightieth time) that the song is I Will Wait by Mumford & Sons.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier: Yes, I think I am. Although I stay pretty happy and was happy in 2011, I think I'm happier this year simply because my brain gets to function again.
Thinner: Thinner! I'm pretty sure I still had a few baby pounds to lose at the end of 2011. I've lost all of those anddddddd that's it.
Richer: Yes! Both John and I got great raises and/or promotions this year.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Blogging. I have so much I wish was documented here. But the time just doesn't always allow.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Being lazy? But to not be lazy would go against my nature and we wouldn't want to mess with that, right?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At my parent's house per usual. And since we were living there this year, we upped the cheese factor and decided to all wear matching jammies. John even sewed Charley a pair!
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I think this answer has been the same for the past 10 years. Survivor.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't think I hate anyone.
24. What was the best book you read?
I just read "The Sea of Tranquility" by Katja Millay so I'll say that. I didn't read much at all this year, but after getting a Kindle for Christmas, I see that changing in 2013.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Um, the discovery that the "light listening" stations need to be on FM1 and the new music stations need to be bumped to FM2.
26. What did you want and get?
A sapphire ring to represent Charley. (it's her birthstone) I didn't ask for it, but John surprised me with it at Christmas. We don't normally exchange gifts.
27. What did you want and not get?
Let me check my remaining items on my Amazon wish list. A camera flash. A WiFi memory card. A new hot glue gun.
28. What was your favorite film of 2012?
I watched exactly ONE movie in 2012. That means you win, Hunger Games.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 30! I think I did nothing unusual. Celebrated with my family and that's it. Oh wait! & my friends Drew and Cathrin took us out to eat for my birthday which was super nice.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A good housing market.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2012?
Quality over quantity.
32. What kept you sane?
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don't get very stirred, really. I get a bit more interested during presidential election years, and then I go back to being stirless. The thing that annoyed me the very, very most was the ridiculous "women's rights" things people were all up in arms about. I obviously value women's rights too, but didn't feel they were in danger in any way had the election swung the other way. It was just, laughable. I'll leave it at that.
34. Who did you miss?
I will say my old co-worker Katie. (Hi Katie!) Work just hasn't been the same since she left. And since I told you up there ^^^^ how I do a really horrible job at keeping in touch with people, you should be able to infer that even though I miss her, I didn't call/email/text enough.
35. Who was the best new person you met?
Lots in 2012. I decided to embrace internet friends in 2012. I have been in forums and such for a few years but always contributed just enough to shy away from forming real friendships. Because, well, I'll likely never meet them, so what's the point? Well, I changed my mind in 2012. The point is, sure, there are lots of people in Charlotte, but it is much easier to find people who are JUST LIKE ME when reading blogs or message boards. And while I love the friends I do have locally, I don't have the time to commit to seeing people in person. Partly because I'm a homebody and partly because I like to spend all of my weekends with Charley. And these internet people...I can talk to them when I have the time, and they can reply when THEY have the time. It's like we solved the time conundrum. Anyways, I really loved meeting lots of new people this year. Especially Heather, Laura, Diana and Kim.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I hate quotes. I hate when people post quotes all over Facebook even if they are from the Bible. Just not my thing. With that said, no.