Monday, December 24, 2012

Charley Bear: 1.25

[1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 4 months, 5 months, 6 months, 7 months, 8.5 months, 9 months, 10 months, 11 months, 12 months]

I quit doing the monthly updates on Charley, but I haven't stopped taking her picture each month. I did buy the 13-24 months stickers so I must use them! But, I figured I'd just do a quarterly update on the blog which will include way too many pictures from the last 3 months, and the pictures with Big Bear as well. Sound like a plan? Okay, good.

On top of her now being able to run away during the Big Bear photo shoot, she now tries to rip the sticker off and tear it into tiny pieces. Each month I'm having to get more creative on how to force her to sit next to a bear. Well, not force, but strongly urge. Totally a difference. Forcing would require rope or super glue or duct tape, and I haven't had to resort to those types of things. Yet.

204712_10151459198494325_335289202_o
13 Months. This was the last "easy" one. She was walking, but wasn't standing up on her own to walk yet. So she may have tried to crawl towards something to pull up on, but I had ample seconds to snap a picture before she did that.

68382_10151514031879325_1679586035_n
14 months. This one was hard. The toy helped, but the little lady was running away as fast as she could each time I sat her down. I MAY have photoshopped John's hand out on the right side of the picture as he was urging her to sit back down. See that shadow on the wall? That was from his arm. This was also the last monthly picture in our old house.
252316_10151567839979325_1127869356_n
15 months. In my parent's house now, which explains the different carpet and lighting. This one was impossible. When I have the camera on the tripod, Charley LOVES to stand behind the camera and "be" the photographer. She helps a lot when we take pictures of our bird mobiles by pushing the button on the remote. So, after ripping the sticker into two (you can't tell, thankfully) I realized my only way to make this happen was to hand her the remote and let her take her own picture. It worked!

She walks. She talks. She's a whole lotta fun. She's my Charley bear!

photo.JPG

At her 15 month appointment she weighed 20lbs 6 oz (10%) and was 29 3/4" tall (25%). Still just a tiny thing. She's wearing size 4 shoes and either 12 month or 18 month clothing. The 12 month stuff is best for just shirts, and 18 months works better for length. She started taking steps at 13 months but she had to be stood, you know? Or she could pull up on something. But, she figured out how to stand up on her own not too long afterwards and has been near running ever since. It's really kind of fun to let her run around outside! And shoes! I had to start remembering to put shoes on her. I like shoes. And you have to buy them constantly as those shoe sizes are like millimeters different. But, that's okay cause I like shoes.

170


As far as talking goes, she's got a few words. But she communicates very well otherwise. More non-verbal communication than anything. But since it's customary to list out the words your baby can say, I'll do as is customary. She says: cat, Mama, Dada, oh wow!, whoa!, oh no!, uh oh!, dog, woof woof, meOW, night night, no no, and I think that's all. When the pediatrician asked me what words she could say besides Mama and Dada, all I could come up with was cat. Whoops.

She signs for please, and everything else gets an "uh" with a point. She'll point at the highchair and give an "uh" and that means, "Mama! I'm hungry! Did you forget to feed me again?" I don't know why she'd think that. It's not like I've forgotten to feed her ever, minus a few times.

083

As you know, I am SUPER picky. I pretty much eat no veggies so I am doing my best to make sure Charley doesn't learn to be picky like me. So far, so good! She eats it all. And eats a LOT. While I do let her have a treat from time to time, she actually prefers to have fruit over anything. She has quite a few teeth to chomp it all up with too. I think 16? 4 uppers, 4 lowers, 4 molars and 4 eye teeth. 

016


She loves to be read to, and if you sit in the floor she'll slowwwly back up into your lap and plop herself down to listen to the story. My mom got an American Girl catalog in the mail recently (because she bought dolls for my nieces a couple years ago) and Charley LOVED that catalog so much it fell apart from overuse. She's still enamored with it even though all that's left is a random page here and there.

I was asked not too long ago what her favorite toy was, and I really didn't have an answer. She still really likes the air activity table, and she likes anything that plays music. Interactive books are still good, and she does love to hug on a stuffed animal. The only thing that she absolutely must have is her lovey owl blanket. 

074
See! The thing she's super excited about here is a business card. Toys are for babies.

She's growing hair, but it's too little, too late apparently. Winter has arrived and that little dusting of hair isn't going to keep her head warm and she knows it. Which is probably why she loves hats so much. And headbands. Or anything on her head, really.


photo.JPGphoto.JPGphoto.JPGphoto.JPG011377636_10151407019829325_2074783074_n
 
 
I give her straight A's for this quarter. Hope she keeps it up for 2nd quarter or else I'll have to schedule a parent/teacher conference. Not that it'd do any good. I heard her parents are big ol' softies.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Smart move letting Charley take her own picture! I am amazed that she cooperated as long as she did.

I am jealous of her love for hats. Can she teach Aidan how cool they are?

Missy said...

She is just getting cuter and cuter!

Heather said...

Tory is exactly the same size as Charley - clothing, weight, height, everything! I think these two are destined to meet someday. We should make that happen!