Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Stuff We Like: 12 Month Edition

[Stuff We Liked 6-9 MonthsStuff We Liked 3-6 MonthsStuff We Liked 0-3 Months]

There are lots of changes from the last edition of Stuff We Like. Which means lots of dolla dolla bills spent on all new stuff. I'm done buying things for Charley until kindergarten. Hope she likes this stuff for the next few years!

Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes
I took the advice from Amanda at modgblog.com (you don't read that? You should!) and got this as one of Charley's first toys because her son apparently loved it from a young age. Charley got this from Santa Claus as I requested in her letter to Santa last year, and 10 months later she finally loves it. Loves it so much that it is our weapon of choice in coercing her cute little zombie steps.



Zo-li Bot Straw Sippy Cup




I was told to try and skip the regular sippy, and to go with the straw cup instead. I listened (for the most part, Charley still has some regular sippy cups sometimes) and tried to find the best straw cup of all, because the first few we tried were awful and leaked everywhere. (This one would start leaking as it was sitting there with no one touching it - milk just erupting out of the straw, and this one did the same, but not as bad.)

So anyways, I went on Amazon and read reviews for all of the cups I could find, and decided to order a couple to start my quest to find the best cup ever. The Zo-li bot came two days later (thanks Amazon Prime!) and it was love at first sight. We've since ordered two more of those. The other cup I ordered has been backordered for over a month now so I'll let you know how it is when I finally get it.

photo.JPG


 Fullscreen capture 1042012 123151 PM.bmp

I have no idea how this wasn't included on the 3-6 and 6-9 month lists. This is a must. Every nap, sleep, & drowsy moment is shared with this little blankie. So much so that I now own 3 of these just to be sure that one is on hand shall a spontaneous nap decide to occur. Also, since her preferred method of soothing herself to sleep with this is by sucking on one of the four corners, it gets stinky rather quickly, so we have to have a backup in case one gets stuck in the laundry for too long. 

photo.JPG

Step 2 Wagon for Two (But mine is red!)

This was a birthday gift from my sisters and their families, and we have gotten so much use out of it. Charley climbs in it almost every day (it's by our front door since we don't really have a place for it in this house) and sits down and stares at you until you buckle her and take her on a walk. She absolutely loves it. I don't know why a wagon ride is so much better than a stroller ride, but it is. And, when we are back inside, her favorite thing to do is to climb in and out of it through that little wagon door. In and out. And in and out. But hey, whatever makes her happy.

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

Regalo Walk-Thru Gate

I had to have a gate at the top of the stairs fairly early and this was the one we went with. I have no complaints about it at all and for the price you can't beat it. I know it's at least twice the price to get something similar at Target or Babies R Us. This one can be pressure mounted or screwed into the wall/banister. For the bottom of the stairs I got this one at a yard sale ($3!) that we either have to step over or take down/put back up constantly which is annoying, but I didn't want to buy another walk through gate when we won't have a use for it in a couple of months.

018


We got one duplicate gift for Charley's birthday, so we went to the store as a family to exchange it and pick out a different toy for Charley. Holy overwhelmingness. We struggled to pick something. We wanted it to be something she would love and use for a while, but not something gigantic for the sake of our poor living room's space, and something with music would be a plus because she really loves stuff that plays music, much to our dismay. This was what we finally decided on. We did good! She loves it! Although normally only about 2 of the 6 balls are available at any time as they've rolled underneath furniture, etc. 

Favorite books at the moment: 

photo.JPG

Also, Heads,
Alphabet, all 3 by Matthew Van Fleet

It never fails that as soon as I hit "publish", I will come up with more things I wished I'd included on this list. So if you are looking for suggestions for something in particular, ask me and I'll come back and add my opinion. Hopefully you value my opinion as much as I do. [Winky wink] 

4 comments:

Megan said...

Thank you so much for doing these posts! I always remember them when I'm shopping :) And how cute is she in her wagon?!?! Love it!

Missy said...

Aww the video of her walking is great! I loved it!

The Mrs./The Mom said...

I love these posts! My little guy has been drinking out of a straw for quite some time but we just use adult straws- I'm ordering that cup ASAP!

Heather said...

Great post! We've gone through two Take Along Tunes in the last year because Tory loves them so much. Eventually the songs get quieter and quieter until I finally break down and buy a new one :)

Thanks for posting about the Step 2 Wagon. I have one in my Amazon Christmas Wish List for Tory, but I was debating between the Radio Flyer and this one. Sold! Now I know which one to choose. Love that it has a seat belt inside, too.

I can't get over how big Charley is growing and how much of a little girl she's growing into. What a beautiful little girl - she looks just like you!