Wednesday, September 26, 2012

101 in 1001 Updates

I have 9 months to go in my 101 in 1001 challenge, so I thought it was time to give a little update. Well that, and the fact that I was ever so sweetly asked how it was going by a blog friend in a comment on this post. At first glance, it's looking like I'm approaching this project in true form: by procrastination.

Here's how it's going; I'm writing my updates in RED.


1. Read 101 books (19/101). (I,II) Yeah, not looking good AT ALL. Just haven't been into reading since Charley was born, and from the looks of things, I wasn't that into it before she was born either. 
2. Volunteer. Hoping to volunteer for Samaritan's Purse to process Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes in November. I forgot to call when they first opened up the volunteer opportunities, and am now on a waiting list.
3. Cook dinner at least once a week for 3 months. I am pretty sure I have already done this since I HAVE to cook for Charley now. I need to keep track of it to be sure though. That's pathetic, right?
4. Take 1001 photos in 1001 days (1001/1001).
5. Get a pedicure.
6. Spend an entire day in pajamas.
7. Try 10 new foods (6/10). (I)

2. Pad Thai...yum!
3. Chicken and Dumplings...delish!
4. Squash...eh.
5. Raisins...no, not so much
6. Fried Pickles...yes! You couldn't even taste the pickliness!
photo.JPG

8. Have breakfast in bed.
9. Make breakfast in bed for someone.
10. Eat at 10 local restaurants I've never eaten at before (8/10). (I, )
Add three more to the list:
6. Harry's Grill and Tavern
7. The Penguin
8. Cheesecake Factory 
11. Take a trip for our anniversary.
12. Visit a state I've never been to before. Going to Louisiana in November!
13. See a Broadway show.
14. See a show by Cirque de Soleil.
15. Go to the movies 10 times (2/10). (I, )
16. Watch the sun rise.
17. Watch the sun set.
18. Get a massage.
19. Take a bubble bath.
20. See the oral surgeon about my wisdom teeth.
21. Publish at least 101 blog posts. (101/101)
22. Have at least 10 real date nights. (0/10)
23. Spend an entire day without turning on the computer / no internet. Check! You may think it's cheating, but to me, a full day is a full 24 hours, right? So, when we went to Germany last month I went 24 hours without accessing any internet at all. Sure, some of that included sleeping, flying, and at airports without free WiFi, but when we finally did get to a place with WiFi I resisted until my 24 hours were up. And let me tell you, that was not easy. That's so terrible, right?
24. Bake cookies from scratch.
25. Carve a pumpkin.
26. Go on a picnic.
27. Go to at least 5 concerts (0/5).
28. Win something.
29. Participate in a charity run/walk.
30. Visit 5 places in the NC region I've never been to before (0/5).
31. Go through a corn maze.
32. Replace all the broken blinds in our house.
33. Learn to identify all 50 states on the map and their capitals. (I, )
34. Watch 5 movies that won the Academy Award for Best Picture. (0/5).
35. Splurge on something nice for myself.
36. Donate $5 to charity for every challenge not met.
37. Make the on-time train every day for 2 weeks.
38. Move to a bigger house. (working on it)
39. Collect all spare change until the last day of this project.
40. Visit Charleston. (Doing this next month! YAY!)
41. Get parents’ home videos transferred to DVD.
42. See a drive-in movie.
43. Have a baby.
44. See a movie in 3-D.
45. Build a snowman.
46. Host a game night with friends.
47. Take pictures in a photo booth.
48. Learn 5 constellations.
49. Go to a fair.
50. Go to a theme park I haven’t been to before.
51. Get my legs waxed.
52. Upgrade to the latest iPhone.
53. Go camping with a group of friends.
54. Go to a haunted house.
55. Give a homeless person food.
56. Put away $10 for every goal completed.
57. Dress up for Halloween.
58. Use our fondue pot.
59. Have no soda for one month. (ICheck! For the entire month of June and probably an additional week into July I didn't have any soda at all and I never really missed it. I've had a few since then, but I really don't like the caffeine all that much. If only Dr. Pepper didn't taste so darn good! 
60. Get a bike.
61. Watch 50 movies on IMDB’s top 250. (0/50)
62. Become 100% credit card debt free. CHECK!! We paid them all off to a $0.00 balance and it feels so good. We owed so much just a few years ago, and we paid them all off fully with no late payments, thankfully, but I am so glad to be done with them. 
63. Get my car windows tinted.
64. Have at least 50 blog followers. (50/50)
65. Bring my lunch 4 days of the week for an entire month. (I, )
66. Find, get, and like a new hairstyle.
67. Go out and play pool one night.
68. Go to the U.S. National Whitewater Center.
69. Exercise 3 days a week for a 4 continuous weeks.
70. Try 5 new cupcake recipes out of my “Cupcakes! From The Cake Mix Doctor” book. (2/5) (I, )
71. Take 5 more photography classes. (1/5)
72. Finish my picture scanning project.
73. Visit New York City. (The plan: My 31st in April 2013)
74. Get new [matching] kitchen appliances.
75. Beat Super Mario Galaxy II.
76. Take pictures of each item as it is completed in the 101 list.
77. Take a day trip to the mountains in the fall.
78. Go to a parade.
79. Attend the midnight premiere of a movie.
80. Rent and watch an entire season of a TV show on a lazy weekend.
81. Go swimming in our neighborhood pool 5 times. (1/5) (I, )
82. Use another round of Crest White Strips.
83. Type, print and organize all recipes into a notebook.
84. Fix all of the “broken” clothes in my closet: missing buttons, broken hems, etc.
85. Go to a zoo.
86. Go to the mountains to cut down our own Christmas tree.
87. Do something with the wedding pictures – prints, photobook, etc. (MyPublisher - next sale)
88. Go to a festival of some sort that I haven’t been to before.
89. Buy a canvas and paint a piece of artwork. - Check! It was more of a class type thing instead of how I originally intended to complete this goal, but I did have to PAY for the class which included the canvas so I say it totally counts. I went with my sister Joy:

photo.JPG 90. Go canoeing.
91. Make my Christmas cards one year.
92. Babysit each of siblings’ kids so they can have a free night alone. (2/5)
93. Buy a sewing machine, Cricut cutting machine, or some other crafty machine.
94. Go to a movie alone.
95. Buy a digital video camera.
96. Buy a new lens for my camera.
97. Start a new tradition.
98. Inspire someone else to make a 101 in 1001 list for themselves.
99. Make a piƱata. Check! Charley's birthday cat pinata was 100% handmade by me! Meow!


539273_10151407018024325_1065229142_n


100. Have professional pictures taken.
101. Complete a 365-day photo challenge. (262/365)


Here are my totals: 36/101 are complete. 18/101 are either planned or in progress. 45/101 haven't even been started or thought about. Which leaves us with 2, which can be contributed to my lack of counting skills. Based on the ratio, it looks like those 2 should be added to the other 45 that I've yet to start. Either, I'm about to fail miserably at this project, or I'm about to have a very busy remaining 9 months.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

2. I love Operation Christmas child! I think it would be really interesting to volunteer to process the boxes. Normally I just put together six of my own. I think the closest center is about 4 hours away, though.
12. YAY for Louisiana in November!!

Anonymous said...

Honk shoe

Diana said...

Did you define the type of books? Surely you have read Charley more than 19 books???
Also, I am shocked you have never tried raisins before.

Sassi_Gyrl said...

I love this idea, Lacey! .... and... I was shocked you've never tried chicken and dumplings before!!!

Laura Diniwilk said...

I just noticed something really funny. When you inspired me to start my own 101 list, I stole the pay $5 to charity for every item not completed idea, but completely failed to steal the put away $10 for every goal completed. I am so screwed.