Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Never: The Toddler Edition

I quite like the ridicule I get for doing things I said I would never do, so I figured it was time to update my baby lists of nevers with a toddler edition. If you are new around here, I made a couple of lists before having children of things I would never do with my own child. Many people laughed and said I'd eat my words, and, I have in fact eaten some words and they were quite tasty, thank you. So, now I will make an all inclusive list of things I will never do with a toddler.

Number One. I will never have my child on a leash. I gave in on my stroller "never", so I am going to use that form of entrapment for as long as I can.

Number Two. I will never accept Crocs as an appropriate form of footwear. No way, no how.

Number Three. Umm. Hmm. These are harder to come up with this time. Oh! I know! I will never allow my child to have a temper tantrum in a public area.

Okay, yes, number 3 is a joke, and I probably just jinxed/bad karma-ed myself for 1,200 public tantrums in my near future for even making a joke about it.

But, I've thought and thought about this and all I can come up with is a measly two items for my never list: the toddler edition. Is that because I'm more open minded due to eating so many words the first time around, or is it because I have absolutely no clue about the toddler stage? Probably a little bit of both.

But the fact of the matter is Charley is an angel child and I'm sure we'll just ease right through this next stage as simply as we eased through the baby stage.
photo.JPG
She has a pirate arm in that picture on the left because she was swinging it at lightning speed due to her frustration and the camera couldn't keep up. 

Or maybe not.

9 comments:

Laura Diniwilk said...

1) I bought a leash right after the first time we tried to take Adriana and Lucia out in public at the same time. Adriana pulled so hard she broke it.

2) Kids can put crocs on by themselves. We own a pair in every size.

3) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

My (pre-kid) toddler I nevers:

1) I'll never spank my kid (I have done this as a knee-jerk reaction after she hurt Lucy, and totally regretted it. I've also had to bop her in the head because she was biting me as hard as she could and it was the only way to get her to stop. I'm still not a fan and not something I'd do again lightly.)

2) I'll never bribe my kid (There are days she gets an M&M for peeing, getting dressed, letting me do her hair, getting in the car, not crying in the car, and not crying at daycare when I leave. 6 M&M's for a much easier morning = win).

I probably also would have thought I'd never dress my kids in matching outfits or so much pink. Crazy.

MillerMama said...

I already bought a leash. I'm 99% sure I will have to use it at some point.

Crocs are terrible.

Jessica said...

No crocs even at the beach? We have hand-me-down ones and they're awesome beach shoes.

Diana said...

Oh no! You need more never's! The follow ups on the baby never's were hilarous. Will you play toddler music in the car? What about shhing Charley at the store with bribery?

Lacey said...

Ack! I can't, I just can't. The beach in all it's beauty can't distract from Crocs and all their, NOT beauty.

Lacey said...

Oh I am all for bribery, so that definitely doesn't make the list. I left off the music one because I put it in the baby list and I'm sticking to it. No kiddie music for this Mama! I'll try to think of more!

Trisha Newman said...

Not a fan of Crocs either.

Demetria said...

Hey, ya never know about the tantrums in public! My mom used to take us outside no matter where we were at- if it was the grocery store, we abandoned cart and went outside, even left if needed.

Oh, and I'm not a fan of crocks either. :/

Heather said...

Love it! I have learned to never say never!

Also, I wanted to let you know I nominated your blog for an award over on mine!

http://learning-2-laugh.blogspot.com/2012/09/people-actually-read-my-blog.html