Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Vanity

When I was pregnant, I sometimes worried (among many other worries) about whether or not I'd have a cute baby. I know, I know. The vanity is shameful, but cute babies are just so cuuuute and I wanted one! You know?

Anyways, I know you always think your own baby is cute, so then I took my worries one step further and worried that I'd have a less-than-cute baby which I would think was the cutest baby ever because I was biased and couldn't see clearly, and then strangers would come up to me, see my baby and give me the generic "Oh! She's just something, isn't she?" response because it's hard to fake genuine adoration for uncute babies. I'm not sure if that sentence should have ended in a "." or a "?" because it got long and I really don't remember where I was going with it. Moving on.

Good news though! All my worries were for naught. My baby IS cute and you don't have to tell me if you agree. I think it's pretty darn obvious and you can see for yourself thanks to these pictures we got taken by Dimples and Curls Photography

I wanted a photographer with a studio and lots of props and things for this session because Charley gives her best modeling performances inside, with no grass to eat, with funny people dancing around to pry smiles out of her, and props of their own so I don't have to break the bank buying stuff on Etsy myself. But not a Sears studio...that's really just not my style. This particular photographer does do outdoor lifestyle shoots too, but also has a permanent studio to use and I just loved the whole set-up and experience.
(All of that just sounded like a commercial, but I promise I have no affiliation with this photographer...I just really liked her!)

Out of the 60+ images she got in our 1 hour shoot, I was trying to narrow it down to 10ish pictures because that's what the budget told me I could afford. I even asked Facebook to help me make choices, made a spreadsheet** to tally up the votes, and gave mine and John's columns extra weight so that we'd ultimately have a greater say in which ones to get. In the end, I bought 18. Nearly doubling my budget, but I'd say they are worth it. 

**Are you really surprised at my use of spreadsheet?

Let me finally shut-up and share the cuteness with you. I'm sorry if you are a Facebook friend and have already seen these. Twice. A third time isn't going to kill you, unless you have an allergy to cute.
049
005
Digital Files4 Digital Files3 Digital Files2 Digital FilesDigital Files1


Sorry for the picture overload. I couldn't narrow it down to less than 18 when I bought them so you couldn't possibly expect me to narrow it down to less than that when I shared them here. It's impossible, I tell you!

13 comments:

Natalie said...

These are so precious! I love the first one. The photographer's studio is fantastic!

Megan said...

I love them all! Especially the ones with the flower headband and pearls :)

The Mrs./The Mom said...

O gosh! So adorable!!! I wouldn't have narrowed it down! I've been known to really break the budget for some really cute photos!

Missy said...

These photos are beautiful! She is such a cutie!

The Beane's said...

Wow!! These are soo good!!! Charley is gorgeous!! And those eyes! Love them!

Laura Diniwilk said...

OMG cute overload. Love the butt shots, those are my favorite pics of Adriana and the place I go to now won't do them with Lucia. Charley can sure rock the flower headband, she is adorable!!!

April said...

ahhh those bright shining blue eyes! what a beauty. She's going to become the new face of 'dimples and curls photography' for sure ; )

Shannon said...

Those are such cute photographs! I need to find someone like that up here in VA for Ethans 12 months photos!

MillerMama said...

So cute! We really are the same person. I totally worried my kid wouldn't be cute and I wouldn't know. haha!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, so cute! Love the pearls and of course the naked baby and also the swimming suit. Adorable!

Diana said...

I love seeing them again! Charley is gorgeous, not just cute. Natalie and I were discussing her beautiful dimples today!

Life of a Doctor's Wife said...

Dead. I am dead from the cuteness. She is SO BEAUTIFUL! No wonder you bought 18 - you HAD to.

Lin said...

Oh my goodness, she's absolutely adorable. Needless to say I now have a serious case of baby fever haha.