Saturday, June 9, 2012

Charley Bear: 9 Months

[1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 4 months, 5 months, 6 months, 7 months, 8.5 months]



It's only been 2 weeks since the 8 month update was late, and as predicted, there are lots of new things in Charley's world in just these last 2 weeks.

She had her 9 month well visit with the pediatrician and Charley is 16 pounds 12 ounces and 27.5" long. Still a peanut in the 25th percentile. She's wearing some 3-6 month clothing, and some 6-9. I feel like the 3-6 shorts and dresses outfits fit the best, and anything that is long (pants, jammies, etc) needs to be 6-9. Which makes sense since she was in the 50th percentile for height. Tall and skinny!

Also, it is very said for me to announce the end of something I really, really loved.

This cutie pie, lying perfectly still on a blanket and smiling; with no limbs chopped off, the blanket as smooth as possible, her name showing, etc, etc:
Pictures4

has now turned into this:

Recently Updated38 Recently Updated37

There's maybe one or two that I can salvage, but they definitely don't follow all of my "rules". But, I bet looking back that these will be some of my favorites!

1) She is crawling. Everywhere. Some of her very first crawl steps I managed to catch on video.



2) She has said uh-oh and cat (well, cah), in addition to the occasional Mama and Dada. I don't think she said any of them with purpose (like knowing she is calling me Mama for example) so I don't think any of them count as her first word since she's still just mimicking the sounds.

3) She can pull up onto her knees. & yes, we did finally lower her crib mattress and remove the IKEA Himmel since she was pulling it into her crib. Should I now decorate over her crib, or just leave the wall blank since we are hopefully moving sometime soon?

061

4) Her love of water is out of control. We got her a tiny kiddy pool for the back patio, and her favorite thing to do is lean forward to put her face in the water, often with her mouth wide open, and try to give me a heart attack in the process. The only thing that will stop her from doing that is taking cups of water and dumping them over her head and face. Crazy baby.

019

5) She's started having a little bit of real people food, here and there. She has full fat plain yogurt, with a fruit puree mixed in for breakfast on the weekends. She has also had pancakes (no syrup), egg yolks, baked potato, and bits of a pork roast. She's ready to start trying more, but the thought of messy baby eating and the mess they make in their high chairs (on the straps that don't come clean!) gives me the willies. Maybe she will let me spoon feed her table foods forever to avoid any messes!

005

Also, never realized the reason you just put the table foods all over the high chair tray instead of contained in a bowl or plate is because otherwise they'll just take the plate or bowl and toss it (and all food on it) into the floor. I get it now.

6) She gives kisses now, to other people besides herself. A sweet, slobbery, open mouth baby kiss (with a side of hair pulling). Doesn't get better than that.

[I think I just attracted some unwanted visitors to my blog with that last sentence. Get out of here, and get your minds out of the gutters! I don't want your kind around here!]
081

7) Her top two teeth have come through! And, she still doesn't bite me thank goodness. I think we may be able to keep up the morning & night nursing gig for a couple months longer which makes me super happy.

012
See those top two teeth poking through?

8) We moved her to a convertible car seat. She still had several pounds and a couple inches to go to max out of her infant seat (which is why she is still using that one in my sister's car) but carrying the seat plus all 16 pounds of her was too much for my weak arms.

carseat

(Are you also the car seat police when people post pictures of their babies in car seats? I know I am. I haven't found the nerve to say something when I see something blatantly wrong {specifically, the chest clip not being at armpit level} but I really want to! Safety first!)

I can't believe so much 'happens' in just two weeks of babyness.

And even though the bear shots like the monthly blanket pictures were still a bit of a challenge...
Recently Updated39

...I still managed to get some cute ones. Since I just bought the 13-24 month stickers, I'm hoping she'll at least cooperate with the bear for a long time to come!
043

Happy 9 months, sweet baby!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

The out takes from her blanket and bear shots are adorable and I love the baby kisses. Ethan gave up on that and has now decided he would rather head butt then give kisses.

The Mrs./The Mom said...

Best outtakes ever! and I love open mouth baby kisses (hair pulling included)!

Heather said...

If we lived closed, I know Tory and Charlie would be fast friends. I see so many resemblances of my little girl in yours. (And I suppose I should since they're only two weeks apart). Other way we're e-twins? Tory has the same swimming pool and she loves it, too. Except she doesn't dunk herself - goofball Charlie!

Jealous of Charlie's mad eating skillz ... Tory still wants nothing to do with any food other than fruit / vegetable purees and rice cereal. I'm fearful I'll be spoon-feeding it to her on her wedding day. Girlfriend has no desire to move to the next step, so go Charlie Girl!

I kinda wish we could pack our little girls and bring them to Nola with us in November ... except, on second thought that would complicate our cocktail consumption. Maybe not!

Laura Diniwilk said...

Love the crib picture, the high chair picture, and the mommy kissies - she is just adorable. Also, I just ready Heather's comment and I'm already forecasting that we will all like each other in November, so I think you guys should come to Ohio with hubbies and babies in February. We could all stay at my parents house for a weekend when they go to Florida. Baby playdate!!!

Kayla Rae said...

I love this post!! The pictures are hilarious!

Lacey said...

Yes!! Count me in!!

Diana said...

I notice a similarity between the 9 month photos...here's hoping 10 month photos are easier.