Tuesday, March 6, 2012

OLF > RLF

Okay my Real Life Friends, you are going to have to step your game up because Online Friends are making big strides to be my favorites. This means war, Real Life Friends. You will have to bust out your very best gift giving ideas (for me, of course) and I will willingly and unbiasedly judge the gifts to determine an ultimate winner. It's the least I could do.

Yesterday, I came home to a small package on my doorstep from Amazon. Knowing that I order something from there pretty often, coupled with the current state of my brain/memory [read: it's very poor], I just figured it was a surprise to myself, from myself. Who knows what I've ordered this time. But, when I picked up the package and started to look for clues as to its contents, I noticed something really suspicious:

009

I thought to myself, "What in the world did I sign up for and use this crazy name...Lacey Ihatemovies Lastname? That's a crazy typo, because my middle name doesn't even start with an I!" And then, slowly the pieces of the puzzle started to come together.

Ahhh, Ihate movies = I hate movies.

Ohhhh! eBFF and I were just talking about movies, and how I had not seen any of her favorite movies (Princess Bride, Nightwatch, Winter Passing, Away We Go, Shopgirl, Garden State, Lost in Translation, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and Mean Girls). She was shocked (SHOCKED!) that I had not seen some of these, especially Mean Girls and Princess Bride.

Finally, I rip open the box and die laughing.

011

Isn't she the best?! She felt so bad for me and my lacking movie repertoire that she decided to help remedy it, at least a little bit.

Now, if I could just stay up past 9:00 so I could watch them.

Thank you so much Laura!! Now, pack up your kids, cats, husband and home and move your happy butts to Charlotte, stat!

And Real Life Friends, I'll be waiting on my gifts.
.
.

5 comments:

Cali.Love said...

I love the princess bride. The Priest is soo funny!!! Hope you enjoy it!

Trisha said...

I can't believe you haven't seen Princess Bride.

Trisha said...

I can't believe you haven't seen Princess Bride.

MillerMama said...

I never see movies and have never seen Princess Bride but I watch Mean Girls EVERY time it's on TV.

Jeff said...

Good thing I don't know you in real life. I can just ride on the coat tails of your other online friends and coast along with the winning team.