Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Charley Bear: 6 Months

[1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 4 months, 5 months]
426398_10150840280339325_810434324_12474850_2087632308_n

It's now been 6 months with my doll baby, and every month is getting better, even when I think it can't possibly get any better than it is right now. This past month was a really fun one though.

She had her 6 month pediatrician appointment and got her vaccinations and all. She did so good with them, too. She's now 14 pounds 6 ounces and 25 inches long, both in the 25th percentile. She's stayed at the 25th percentile all along, so she's growing at the rate she's supposed to be. I like that she's a little thing!

044

As far as new tricks, month six brought us this: rolling is a breeze. Back to belly, belly to back. I always try to pay attention and remember which ways she is rolling (to her left or right) so I know if she can easily go both ways or not, and I still have yet to figure that one out. I assume she can though, she's a genius baby! She also does this cute little scoot thing while on her back, and can arch her back and extend her legs to scoot herself clear across the room. She's much better at sitting up, but we still need to be close by because she hasn't figured it out quite yet.

131

Her attachment to Mama continues, and I just suck it up. I can't get enough cuddles from her. Especially since she doesn't really like to cuddle. Her head is always up and looking around. But, occasionally she'll give Daddy some attention too.

056

I haven't talked about sleep in a while either, and that's because nothing has changed. Since she was 6 weeks old, she has continued to sleep through the night. Since then, there have been two nights total that she has woken up in the middle of the night, and both times I fed her and she went back to sleep. One of them was just last week and I actually maybe even complained about having to wake up at 4 and feed her, only later to realize how silly it was that I complained since I've have hit the sleep gold mine with her. The girl likes her sleep!

006
This was not photoshopped in any way. Her eyes are just that beautiful.

Charley is also training to become the world champion Peek-a-boo-er. During this month, we noticed that while playing with her Taggies blanket, she would cover up her face with it, only to remove it whenever someone says, "Where's Charley?". I thought it was so cute, and instantly thought that since I didn't teach her this trick that her second Mama, my sister Christy, must have. When we finally remembered to ask each other about it, she admitted that she thought we'd taught her to Peek-a-Boo, when we thought it was her that taught her. So basically, my kid is a Peek-a-Boo genius.



Charley also really loves her toys now, which it's funny how quickly she's taken notice of them and started playing with them. I remember at Christmastime when people asked what to get her, I told them clothes because she didn't really have any interest in toys yet. It all changes so quickly.

And as far as food goes, I am so proud of myself! I successfully breastfed Charley for an entire 6 months with only 3 bottles of formula in the whole 6 months. Not that formula is bad, but, I definitely was out to prove something to myself, and I feel I accomplished that. Feeding her is one of the highlights of my day, and I'm sad that it's already halfway over. Who knew I would feel this way back in the beginning when I was screaming in pain. It was so worth it. This month Charley also had oatmeal cereal here and there, which she loved. I was given the green light at her 6 month pediatrician appointment to go ahead and start introducing other foods, so I'm predicting a messy month 7. Yay for pureed foods in a jar!

Finally, I absolutely can't wait to see what the coming months will bring. I just hope the time goes by slowly. I have a feeling that time isn't going to slow down any time soon though. Regardless, happy 6 months, baby! You are so loved!
64618_10150840279529325_582613048_n

6 comments:

Heather said...

What a dollie :) Charley does have the most beautiful eyes - I was going to say that even before I saw the close-up photo of her.

It's hard to believe how fast the last six months have gone, but I agree with you completely; everyday with our babies is better than the last and I think it'll become increasingly more fun as they grow and discover the world around them.

Happy 6 months Charley!

CJ said...

She is getting so big...so fast! I think time speeds up when you have kids. Can you believe my "baby" will be 6yrs old next Sat (17th)?!! Wow! I love reading about you and your family, keep up the good work. You are such a good mom!

Jess said...

Lacey, she's SO adorable!! Isn't it amazing how much they grow and change every second?

Haley said...

That is crazy that Liam is 2 months and 14.5 lbs already and your sweetheart is 6 months! She is so stinking cute Lacey!

Kayla Rae said...

I cannot even believe it has been six months!!! Her eyes truly are beautiful, and she is so tiny! I wish her and Bella could meet, I know they would be besties! :)

Stylish By Nature said...

Such cute pics :)

Dear, I am hosting FoxHouse international giveaway currently, where you can win $50 worth of Apparels and Shoes...Would mean a lot...Just click the link below to enter :)

Enter FoxHouse giveaway and win $50
♡ StylishByNature.com