Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Heavy Weight

40.2 pounds. Plus my coat. Plus any trash from my car that day (because at this point I still make sure to bring in any trash from my car each day...talk to me again when I have a toddler). I carry all of that inside each afternoon when I get home from work. And yes, my car is only steps from my door, but no one likes to do two trips. After all, once you are inside it is inevitable that you have to go pee immediately, and who would want to go back out after that? So yes, I must do it all in one trip.

021
Ignore my wonky foot. I don't know what is going on with it besides the fact that my ankle is most likely breaking from holding 40 pounds of stuff up while being supported by a tiny heel.

It breaks down to this:

  • Car seat plus baby: 22.8 pounds
  • Breast Pump: 7 pounds
  • Diaper Bag: 5.6 pounds
  • Purse: 3.4 pounds
  • Lunch bag/milk cooler: 1.4 pounds
Which further breaks down to this: My shoulders hurt at the end of the day!
.
.

7 comments:

Megan said...

I love this photo of you! To me, it says "I am a working Mother, I'm good at it and proud of it!" :)

Shell said...

You really do look like the poster child for working moms! And yes, I feel your pain on this one... now imagine either a 6 or 8 yr old saying "Hey mom, can you carry my bookbag for me?" as you walk in the house with all this. Yep, I give them the "You're crazy" look too!

Haley said...

This is me every morning heading out for work lol! Charley is gettign so big... so precious :)

Haley said...

This is me every morning heading out for work lol! Charley is gettign so big... so precious :)

Monica said...

This is actually a very cute photo! That is a lot to carry though!

Life of a Doctor's Wife said...

Wowza! That is quite the workout! But I love the photo - you look so pretty and happy despite the heavy load.

MillerMama said...

Ohhh, that is so me too! Except that I usually make my husband come out and get Amelia if I have picked her up. Diaper bag + bottle bag + my work bag + purse + baby...and I have steps up to my house from the car!