Monday, January 16, 2012

Crappy Day Present Exchange

Essentially, I am the most ungrateful and rudest present receiver ever. I got this gift nearly a month ago and have yet to blog about it or even send a thank you card. But for the sake of my own guiltiness about it, I want the gift giver to know that I WAS actually very grateful regardless of my lack of public acknowledgement about it.

Anyways, my blogging buddy Laura sent me an email in November sometime talking about this gift exchange between bloggers that someone was hosting, and said I should join in it also. I rarely get presents that are surprises, so I was 100% on board with this. Not only would I not know what I was getting, but I most likely wouldn't even know the person that sent it. It was a Secret Santa game for bloggers, basically.

So, the idea was to send several different gifts so that you'd have a present to open and make yourself feel better on a crappy day. This was also a great exercise in patience, as you were supposed to just open one present each time you had a crappy day and needed a pick-me-up.

I failed the lesson in patience and opened up all of my crappy day presents on the day they arrived. I wasn't even having a crappy day. Yeah, I totally missed the entire point of this gift exchange, but who cares because.... PRESENTS!!
2011-12-13

My Secret Santa was Andrea. I had never "met"/read her blog before, so one of the first things I did after I settled down from my present opening frenzy was go read her blog and get to know her. And, I like her! Wahoo for new blogs to read!

nailsSo, even if this is an entire month late, I wanted to make sure that I said thank you to Andrea because I loved my gifts! It was kind of a proactive CDP because getting so many presents in one day prevented me from having a crappy day for at least a few weeks! Just look at how fun my nails were on New Year's Eve courtesy of one of the gifts Andrea gave me!

I also got some candy, some knee high socks (that I have worn for too many days in a row to shamefully admit), a cute little note pad, a Nutella snack thing (umm..YUM!) and some new mascara. And they were all so cutefully wrapped and labeled that I had a hard time ripping them open. [Okay that's a lie. I had no problem ripping them open in a frenzy, but I did mentally take note of how cute each little gift with it's coordinating paper and ribbons were!]

Thanks Andrea!!

Now, I was the secret Santa to......my buddy Laura! I sort of kind of requested her because I "know" her and thought she'd be easy to buy for.

I could have spent a TON of money on her because I kept coming up with things to get her. But luckily for me, the balance in my bank account said no so I had to control myself. Instead, I ended up buying gifts for everyone in her house (including her cats!) and then a few little extras for her.

021

She has posted about it here, and she's being a good little rule follower and only opening gifts when she has a bad day. And her daughter Adriana recently had a bad day and got to open up her CDP to try to make it better. But, she's 2 and there is no reasoning with a two year old when they are having a bad day, apparently. Laura said she liked it much better the next day, so whew! I thought I was going to have to overnight another gift to Adriana to make up for the first one that didn't go over very well!

If you'd like to participate in something like this, there is another one going on right now you can sign up for! [But hurry! Today is the last day you can sign up!] I'm sitting this one out since just getting to the grocery store lately has been a huge task! So until things slow down a little bit for me, I'm going to have to pass. But, it's a lot of fun if you have a little bit of free time. And who doesn't like getting packages in the mail?
.

3 comments:

Monica said...

What a great idea! I think I would be just as bad about opening the gifts right away as well!

andreaunplugged said...

You are not an ungrateful and rude. :) And I've been slacking on sending my sender a thank you card too.

I'm so happy you liked my gifts. i have had to resist opening all my presents at once. But when my new CDP package arrives, if I have many left from the first one, I might have to open the rest. :)

lifeofadoctorswife said...

Thank you SO MUCH for your super sweet comment!

And I love the CDP exchange and wow, I love the gifts you got AND the gifts you gave! Inspirational. :-)