Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012

Happy New Year! Hope you haven't already given up on your resolutions as it is already the 3rd of January. Which basically means you've had 3 full days to call it quits already. As for me, I'm still holding strong on my resolutions. One of which was a repeat resolution from 2011: the 365 Day Photo Challenge. Dun dun dun.

PHO-LIST-A-small2011 fizzled out around mid February. But 2012 is still going strong 2 days in. (I haven't taken today's picture yet, but I assure you that I will!) I had a lot of trouble in 2011 coming up with things to take a picture of. This year, Charley makes a darn good subject, if I do say so myself, and because I don't want to ONLY have pictures of her all year, I also have this handy dandy little list to give me other ideas when my creativity is lacking.

Between those two things, I really shouldn't have any excuses. And hopefully by the end of 2012 I'll really notice a difference in my photography abilities too. Because currently I upload 100 picture to my computer and end up deleting 60 of them because they are blurry or out of focus or I look fat in them.

For New Years Eve, I went over to my best friend's house where she had a few people over to eat, drink, and be merry! It was my first night ever not putting my little Charley girl to bed, and I was pretty sad about it. But, I knew I needed to just get out and have a night for myself so I did it anyways.

photo 1
Fellow Eat, Drink, and Be Merry-er, my other BFF Angela

John, however, didn't make it easy on me. He kept texting me cute pictures of Charley, making me wanna come home and snuggle her.

photo 2photo 3

As each picture came to my phone, I shared them with whomever happened to be standing with me at that moment. It was a chorus of Awwwws and Ooooohs. She is pretty darn cute.

But, when John noticed the pictures weren't working as I wasn't making my way home, he decided to bring in the big guns. He sent a video. I just assumed it would be something extremely cute, so I summoned the people standing near me to watch it with me before I previewed it myself.




Cue the collective gasp from me and my fellow video watchers. John had just showed me that app the day before so I am surprised I didn't suspect anything before I hit the play button. Just in case I didn't realize this wasn't real, he then followed up with this text: 'It's a joke. I delete. She is safe.' Well thank goodness he clarified!

And then my poor little Charley lady spent an hour crying and not going to sleep so easily like she normally does. She is used to being nursed before bed, and of course John had to give her a bottle so she didn't like the change very much. I felt so bad, but even if I came home I wouldn't have been able to nurse her since I'd been drinking. But she finally fell asleep for John and we'll just have to try again soon. My poor baby probably just wanted to stay up and see the ball drop!

Hope you guys had a wonderful New Year also! I really think 2012 is going to be great. I mean, obviously it will be great as we will all be finishing up our bucket lists in time for December 21. Woohoo for the end of the world!!
.
.

5 comments:

MillerMama said...

My hubby's stepdad has that app and thinks it is the funniest thing ever.

Jeff said...

I totally need to get that app. By the way, I'm impressed that Charly survived that explosion. You have a super baby on your hands.

The Mrs./The Mom said...

OMG! What app is that?!

Joy said...

aahhh! I don't want to see that video again!! Lindsay just walked off and said, "show me that video when I get back" UGH!! I better find another one fast!!! :-)

toi said...

Happy 2012, may it be full of greatness and happiness :)