Sunday, December 18, 2011

Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge: Day 7

Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge


This topic for this Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge is this: How do you celebrate the holidays? Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Christmas, etc.

In one word: Christmas.

In more than one word + some pictures:

Christmas Eve we typically go to a candlelight service/children's play at my sister's church. Afterwards we eat and play a gift game at my (other) sister's. We used to always play Christmas Bingo, but the last couple of years we've tried different games to change it up a bit.

Pictures3

On Christmas day, we eat and exchange gifts as one big, happy family. There are 16 of us now, but our family has always felt big, even when it was just the 6 of us. I love our Christmases, and feel a pang of sadness when it's all over.

1995

2000

I'm so looking forward to Sunday! More memories, another new family member this year, and lots of volume and laughs. It's not Christmas if it isn't loud, crowded and full of love!
.
.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Loved this post! Made me tear up!! We are SO blessed!!! :-)

Monica said...

Looks amazing! I agree its not Christmas w/out it being loud and crowded!