Friday, December 2, 2011

Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge: Day 4

Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge


Day 4 of the blog challenge is this: Favorite Holiday Movies & TV Specials. This one is tough for me. Because, well, 10 minutes after I watch a movie or TV show I have already forgotten it. Which makes it hard to pick a favorite because they've all been forgotten. Usually my favorite movie or TV show at the time will be the one I've most recently watched. That's pathetic, I know.

So the Christmas TV special that I've most recently watched was this:

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer


So I guess that's my favorite? And, as many times as I'd seen this in my lifetime, it was all new to me! There was an Abominable Snowman character that I didn't remember, and some toys on some rejected toy island. Yeah, see, I'm already forgetting it again and it's been 3 days since I watched it.

And as for movies, I know I enjoyed Elf before, and there was a movie where Tim Allen was Santa that I liked. I'm sure they were great! It's so exciting to have this media-related dementia, because everything is as exciting as it was the first time I watched it!

Anyone else suffer from this ailment? I've always wanted to be a cool person that could throw out funny lines from a movie and people would laugh and think I was so awesome. I remember in high school or middle school where everyone was trying to outdo each other in inside jokes - like, if you had the most friends with the most inside jokes between you two then obviously you were the bestest friend! And, a friend and I would go to a movie after school one day, and the next day in an effort to prove my best friend status to the other friends I'd try and throw out a funny line from the movie the night before as an inside joke between us, and I wouldn't be able to remember a thing. Like, "Hey BFF, remember last night in that movie, that guy in the movie, errrr ummm, remember how he umm, drove that car? Oh man that was funny, right?" and they'd have no idea what I was talking about and I'd lose points in BFF status instead of gaining them. I'm so smooth. Man, who doesn't miss those days?

Anyways, any classic Christmas movies or TV shows that I need to watch again? What are your favorites?
.
.

2 comments:

Laura Diniwilk said...

I am so with you on the forgetfullness. And let me tell you, pregnancy / birth / sleep deprivation doesn't help. I was trying to remember a movie we saw the previous week for my 101 list, and I COULD NOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME remember even who was in it or what happened.

You should totally rewatch Elf, and I will join you. We can talk about how awesome it was for about 5 minutes before our brains turn to mush.

MillerMama said...

OMG, my husband and his brothers quote movies like nobody's business. It's insane. And drives me insane, because I never watch movies. I did watch Elf for the first time this year and found it pretty amusing. Otherwise I am in need of the annual viewing of Christmas Vacation.