Thursday, December 1, 2011

Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge: Day 3

Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge

Today's Yesterday's holiday blog challenge is was this: Day 3 - Holiday Decorations. I'm all over this one. [Although clearly I wasn't all over being timely with this one as I'm just finishing it up today.]

I've shared my Christmasfied home with you before. But each year is a little bit different so I'm sharing again. Plus, it's part of the holiday blog challenge so I hafta share it this year! It's the rules! Also, I have a sinking suspicion that some of you haven't gone back and read all of my old posts so this could be new to you!

My goal is to one day have enough stuff to decorate not only the living/dining rooms and kitchen, but to also decorate the bedrooms and bathrooms too. But for now, limited closet space for storage is going to limit how much stuff I can have and so only downstairs decorating is going to have to be enough. [This is my Mama's fault...she is the only person I know that decorates her bathroom for Christmas too. And since I wanna be just like her, I aspire to also decorate bathrooms one day. Man, I set really lofty goals for myself, huh?]

Recently Updated27

But I need a couple more things to finish this year's decorating. I need a mini artificial tree to stick on top of the fireplace in that back corner. I need something there with height, and that's the only Christmasy item I can think of that's heightful. Yes, heightful.

Recently Updated28

Also, in front of the fireplace on the floor I have a 3 candle holder thingy that needs three Christmasy candles. I was thinking candy cane striped ones. And wouldn't you know I see them all over the place until I'm actually out trying to find them and now they seem to be extinct.

Anyways, it's pretty and I like it and that's all that matters. And next year I'm going to have to take a whole new approach to my decorating by placing things out of reach from a little 15 month old's hands and breakable stuff may be no more. So I'm trying to enjoy my last year of doing whatever I please with my decorating.

But the tree won't have to change too much. I already have to put non-breakable ornaments at the bottom, and have had to do that for 7 years now. I'll give you two guesses on why I need non-breakables at the bottom, and I'll even give you a hint. One of the culprits is white, fluffy, and is hanging out under the tree in one of these pictures. Darn cats.

So far this year they have managed to take an ornament off of the tree, take it upstairs and deposit it in the bathroom floor. See! Even they want me to begin decorating the bathroom for Christmas!
.
.

2 comments:

Laura Diniwilk said...

OOH I love that christmas lights pic! I bow down to the nikon queen.

Missy said...

Every time I see your walls I am just amazed at how beautiful the design is! Your decorations look great!