Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thank Yous

I always try to use my very best manners and say thank you when appropriate. Especially in this month of November, it is important to say thanks to those in your life that you may have ever neglected to tell. Since I have this prime piece of internet real estate right here, I thought I would use this space to say thank you to some people in my life that I may have never thanked before.

______________________________________________________

First, I would like to say thank you to my old coworker Katie. (Remember? She was the other coworker that cared.) Katie did a very significant thing in my life. She convinced me to get my eyebrows waxed for the first time ever. She doesn't realize she did this, because I just started going after she did because she found a place that was right by our work. But, I was so impressed by her eyebrow shape that I then decided I needed to start waxing mine as well.

But, I really don't have a whole lotta eyebrow hairs, so it's not like I was walking around for 27 years with a unibrow or anything.

scan0067

______________________________________________

Next, I would like to thank my sister Joy. If it weren't for her, four-year-old Lacey would never have known how exactly you get the Chicken Pox. You think you get it from contact with someone else that has them? No, no no. According to my big meanie sister Joy, you get them by being outside while a chicken flies over your head. [Because chickens are always flying, you know.] I am thankful that she told me that so while I played in my backyard at the young and impressionable age of 4, I could constantly dodge any fowl that may be flying overhead since they may have been chickens. That didn't interfere with me wanting to play outside at all.

scan0141
I may look like I was happy playing outside, but I assure you I was living in constant terror of chicken flyovers.
__________________________________________________________

And finally, I would like to thank my high school french teacher Ms. Bain. Even though she was the only teacher to call home EVERY time you missed her class (I may have left school early a time or two), I do have to thank her for teaching me how to speak french. So fluently, in fact, that I got a great chance to use it last time I was in Paris.

My parents, John and I were in Paris and my dad's hand was really hurting him. I think it was sore or swelling or something, and he wanted to buy one of those heating pad things, something like this, to put on it to help with the pain. Luckily for us, there was a pharmacy, or la pharmacie if you will, right across the street from our hotel. When we got into the pharmacy, we were struggling with the language barrier and couldn't get the pharmacy workers to understand what we were looking for. The only word I could come up with to describe what we were looking for was the word for hot, "chaud". Apparently even with my very clear French description, they still didn't know what I was talking about. So looking around, I found something else to demonstrate the word "hot"...

sex-lubricant-love-kiss-cherry-cream-1104-19-ubattenagabatin@3

I picked up a tube of warming sex cream to try and get my point across. "Chaud! Chaud! Chaud!", I repeated. Shockingly, they never figured out what we wanted and we left there with some mystery medicine.
________________________________________________

Is there anyone that you'd like to thank today?
.
.

2 comments:

CJ said...

OMG...Ms. Bain!!! How I (we) ended up in the National French Honor Society I will NEVER know! A lot of good that class does us now...heehee!!

sexleksaker intimleksaker.com said...

sex toys intimleksaker.com
sex shop intimleksaker.com
Anal dildo intimleksaker.com
Kamagra intimleksaker.com
Billiga sexleksaker intimleksaker.com
Sexleksaker intimleksaker.se
Herbal medicines naturalpharmacy.eu