Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Temp Job

I'm finally getting the hang of this temporary job of mine, the stay at home mom. It only took me 7 and a half weeks to get the hang of it, and in 4 and a half weeks I will be retiring from this gig and will be heading back to work. But regardless, I'm a domestic professional now. Just listen to how domesticated I was today.


crock-potI made dinner for the first time since I've been on maternity leave tonight. I made a roast in the crock pot, red potatoes and yeast rolls. It was really easy...I opened the package of meat, dumped it in the crock pot as to not dirty my precious hands, and turned the crock pot on for 8 hours. The potatoes were simply boiled in water, with a dash of salt and a spoonful of margarine. The rolls were frozen and just thrown in the oven. And yet, I had to call my Mama to figure out the potato part. Boiling water sure is tricky apparently!



making-the-bedAnd then, I changed the linens on the bed. I also washed the comforter, duvet cover, and sheets! I was feeling energetic, I suppose. Orrr, it could have been due to the fact that sweet Charley projectile vomited all over the bed during her nap. I'm sure I would have changed the sheets anyways today, vomit or not.... ahem.

But I got to it quickly and it didn't soak through to the mattress thankfully. So I took all of the linens down to the laundry room. And, as I was about to throw them in the washer, I realized I didn't know what I was doing and had to call my HUSBAND to tell me what to do. Yes, I had to sink so low as to ask a man how to do laundry. If that isn't the epitome of my laziness over the past 7 weeks + 9 months, I don't know what is. Turns out I did have to take the duvet off of the comforter to wash it. Who knew!?

And then I was a pro at taking care of my baby today. She puked, I cleaned it up. She cried, I made her stop crying.

087

& how did I do that? Well, I stuck her on a boob of course! And then later as I was looking at my breastfeeding log I realized this baby was playing me for a fool! She was eating for just 8 or 9 minutes every hour during the day! And so, yet again I had to phone-a-friend and ask my internet friends on a message board I frequent about how to get the baby to stop taking advantage of me and my boobs.

As it turns out, I have no clue what I'm doing.
.
.

2 comments:

Becky said...

lol. Cute post. Even with two I often feel like I have no clue what I'm doing! :/

Laura Diniwilk said...

Best. Picture. Ever.