Thursday, July 21, 2011

Family Shower

2007-11-09_010
Source

No, not that kind of family shower.

This kind of family shower...

DSC_0093-1


...a baby shower thrown by those lovely people! Sisters & the Mama, and my nieces are in the picture because they're cute!

This was my second baby shower, the first was given at John's work and I would have shared that one with you too but there are no pictures. And since so many of you only come here for the pictures, what fun would that have been? Although I guess I could have improvised like I've done in the past.

Anyways, my sisters and Mama did such a great job and they even made it bird themed to go along with my nursery.

invitation
Recently Updated
DSC_0088

We played a few games, and my only request was to NOT do the melted-chocolate-bar-in-the-diaper game, which they happily obliged to. I hate being put on the spot for silly little shower games myself, so I'm glad that none of the games they chose were of that nature. We played the common game where everyone had to guess the width of my belly using crepe paper,

Recently Updated2-1

and in the process I added people to my hate list (those that must have thought I was fat and had the longest crepe paper ever) and my favorite list (those that had crepe paper that barely would have fit around my thigh), but ultimately my BFF-and-might-as-well-be-family Amy won the game. She was pretty much dead on!

The next game was very creative and apparently my sisters told me they were going to do this over a year ago, but I had forgotten so I was surprised. They took a Life of Lacey classic, "Mock Me Later", and turned it into a fill-in-the-blank game. Luckily I had some Life of Lacey fans in attendance and many of the answers were known, but apparently not many people knew the answer to #4:

4. "You don't know what love is until you lay eyes on your baby." How could I possibly love another human being more than I already love myself?
...where "myself" was the blank. There were several people that put "her cats" there instead. Heh. Those furry things? Yeah right! :P

The last game was Baby Shower Bingo which was played as I opened gifts. I was so spoiled in the gift department and just love my family! Not just because they give me gifts (but I do kinda like that part a lot!) but because they are all so thoughtful and generous and entertaining and funny! I am blessed to have such a great family!

Recently Updated1-1

And then, when I got home I took everything out of it's gift bag and oohed and aahed over it some more. Charley is one lucky little lady to be born into such a great family!

DSC_0169-1
.
.

No comments: