Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Charley's Growing

I'm here to give the people what they want. And what do the people want? They want belly pictures apparently. No longer do you have to flip through my recent Facebook pictures to try and get a good belly glimpse. (You can admit it; I do it all the time!) I'll make it easy on you:
019


Although, if you are a Facebook friend my friend Angela recently made it easy for you too when she posted this picture:

255625_886341772187_36615461_42195099_1479206_n

And when I was tagged I said to myself, "HOLY CRAP AM I REALLY THAT BIG?" But apparently it's true...I had no idea this picture was even being taken so I had no chance to suck the baby gut in. It is what it is!

But I'm moving right along...at quite a hasty speed too. I expect that things will start to slow down here shortly. Third trimester starts in just a week or two depending on which pregnancy book you read, and my first baby shower is tomorrow. It kind of seems fraudulent to me...since I am still not believing that I'm really going to be a mother soon. That word is just too grown up and mature to be used in describing me.

And, for those looking for more details, here's the nitty gritty of it all:

How far along are you? 25 weeks and 3 days. That's nearly 6 months.

Weight Gain: I'm not ashamed to say it - 22 pounds. That's above average by a few pounds, but the doctor isn't concerned and neither am I.

Sleep: I'm having no trouble at all. With the help of this pillow (thanks sis for letting me borrow it!), not only am I getting more than my fair half of the bed, but I'm getting good sleep while I'm at it. Sorry John!

Gender:  It's a girl!

Name: Charley Jane

Feeling: Pretty great. My back and tail bone are hurting more lately, but that's really all I have to complain about.

Health: Doctor says I'm great! My ankles are swelling a bit, but it's only been in the 90's around here for a couple of weeks. I'm just trying to drink as much water as possible and keep my feet up. I figure I might as well just stay on the toilet so I can drink my water and pee all at the same time.

Movement: She's moving around pretty often these days. It took much longer than usual for me to begin feeling her because of the location of my placenta. Basically it was between Charley and I acting as a pillow. But now that she's bigger (the size of a rutabaga or eggplant this week) I can definitely feel her and see her kick, and John has felt her too.

Belly: It's big, you agree? And only gonna get bigger...eek. But, it really has a lot to do with what I wear too. There are some shirts where I still look questionable fat/pregnant in. This yellow one I'm wearing up there - NOT one of those shirts.

Next Appointment:  June 29th and I get the Gestational Diabetes test at this one. Yikes!

_________________________

And on another note (and speaking of giving the people what they want), I'm working on another blog to answer some of your blogging questions. I get asked pretty often about my header, blog layout, pictures and other blogging technicalities and I figured I should answer them once and for all! I love to share since I'm self taught as it is! I'm definitely no expert, but I am happy with what I've been able to figure out and wouldn't mind helping you out too. So, if you have any specific questions for me, feel free to leave them in my comments and I'll make sure to answer them soon!
.
.

9 comments:

The Beane's said...

You look so cute!! How exciting!
By the way - I love the plant holder thingy on your wall! Is that a real plant?...

Kayla Rae said...

Love the belly/baby update! And I am SO glad you are gonna post a blog with some how-to's about your blog, because I really want mine to be a little more "me" and I am needing help in that area!

Becky said...

You look great Mama! Love the yellow shirt too! :)

Robin Harvey said...

Don't worry about the GD test. The stuff you drink is horrid. VERY VERY NASTY. It's like overly sweet syrup, however Miss Charley will love it! Good Luck and Best Wishes!

The Diniwilks said...

Oh, I didn't know her middle name is Jane - LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!

You look great!

Lacey said...

Kelly...no, not a real plant, but thanks! I quite like it too...and I'll give you 3 guesses where it came from...


(Yep, garage sale!)

CJ said...

Awww...you look so cute!! Sounds like you guys are doing well, I'm so happy!
So......are you gonna call her "C.J."?! I'm a little partial!

Missy said...

You look super cute prego! Have fun at your baby shower!

April said...

awww you're rockin' that belly! excited for you : )

& random, but-- I like your plant-in-a-vase-on-the-wall dealio behind you in that photo. Very snazzy.