Monday, May 2, 2011

Weed(s)

I really hate that everything I have blogged about lately has had to do with being pregnant. But, I swear there are other posts sitting in 'drafts' that I have been too lazy to finish that are non-baby for you original Life of Lacey fans. They will be coming soon...promise.

This blog in particular doesn't have to do specifically with baby Charley. But, in a round about way it does.

You see, I have heard via many avenues throughout my life that weed is bad for children. There was the D.A.R.E. program in school, and then those wonderful commercials on TV and radio, and lots of other anti-weed campaigns I've witnessed.

120295835v6_480x480_Front_padToSquare-true

Now that I have my own child on the way, I figured it was about time to get rid of all weed(s) in order to be a more suitable home for Charley. It took a lot of John's time, because, well, weed(s) are addictive and it's hard to break an addiction for at least some green in the backyard every once in a while, ya know? I myself just decided to go cold turkey and let John handle it while I was away.

So, in the course of a few hours, we became weed free!

From this:
129
(I maybe forgot to take a before picture, but this is the best I could find and 100% unedited. This is the picture used over there ----> in my sidebar, but obviously not cropped and edited.)
To this:
533

2011-05-02

It looks so much better and I know John is glad to be done with weed(s). Yay for being a 100% drug free home!
.
.

4 comments:

April said...

Cool! What is that stuff?

Lacey said...

Just some regular ol' pine needles...nothing special! ;) But they don't require mowing so we are happy here!

Christy said...

I think you should have taken a picture of the "pot-head". Haha. Well done John!

Kayla Rae said...

This is hilarious!