Monday, April 11, 2011

Place Your Bets!

boy-or-girl[1]

In 9 (long) days we will be finding out whether this baby is a girl or boy - given the cooperation of this baby on ultrasound day. While I am dying to find out, I also wanted to document what people thought before we have a definite answer. In order to do this, I set up a poll on expectnet.com where we can place our bets (just for fun, I'm not looking to take your money) on the baby's sex, birth date, length, weight, and time of birth.

To participate (and please do!) go here! In the top right corner there is a button to enter a guess, and then you will be able to fill out all of your guesses from there. Put a short little note on how you know me (whether you are my long-lost third cousin or just a blog reader) so I can figure out who thinks what.

And, to make this fair, I'll give you all of the "information" I have so far. Some people put a lot of stock into the old wives' tales, so it's only right that I give you all pertinent information.

First, the Chinese Gender Chart (which I talked about here during my last pregnancy): With age of 28 and month of December: GIRL!

And then, I just copied and pasted this list of old wives tales, and I'll bold the ones that apply to me.

It's a boy if:

You didn't experience morning sickness in early pregnancy.

Your baby's heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute.

You are carrying the extra weight out front.

You are carrying low.

You are craving salty or sour foods.

You are craving protein -- meats and cheese.

Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy.

The hair on your legs has grown faster during pregnancy.

Your hands are very dry.

Your pillow faces north when you sleep.

Dad-to-be is gaining weight right along with you.

Pregnancy has you looking better than ever.

Your urine is bright yellow in color.

Your nose is spreading.

You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves in circles.

You are having headaches.

You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an even number.

It's a girl if:

You had morning sickness early in pregnancy.

Your baby's heart rate is at least 140 beats per minute. (at 8 weeks: 170 something; at 12 weeks 158; at 16 weeks 140 something)

You are carrying the weight in your hips and rear.

Your hair develops red highlights.

You are carrying high.

You are craving sweets.

You are craving fruit.

You crave orange juice.

You don't look quite as good as normal during pregnancy.

You are moodier than usual during pregnancy.

Your face breaks out more than usual.

You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread.

Your breasts have really blossomed!

Your pillow faces south when you sleep.

Your urine is a dull yellow color.

You hang your wedding ring over your belly and it moves from side

You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an odd number.

___________________________________

So, that gives me a total of 6 from the boy list and 12 from the girl list. Take what you want from all of that and make your decision. (Hopefully) there are just 9 days left to vote!

Vote! Vote! Vote!

Here is the web address if you want to share it as well: http://www.expectnet.com/games/BerrierBaby

P.S. This site shouldn't make you register. It's optional to register, and if it makes you let me know. I hate that myself, so I wouldn't want to use a site like that!
.
.

3 comments:

The Beane's said...

Okay - I couldn't get this computer to go to your link... but I think GIRL!
I am excited to find out too =)

It's funny looking at all of those "signs" now that I have had Colin! I will have to pass them along to my sister-in-law!

MillerMama said...

I'm far too lazy to go guessing about things like weight, etc. I'm going to go on record and say girl, though, because many of your symptoms sound similar to mine (and I know you want a girl, hehe). You should know that I'm wrong 99% of the time though. So you're probably having a boy.

The Diniwilks said...

That gender predictor has worked for me both times, and was only wrong for 1 out of about 7 babies when I sent it to friends a while back. The line for 21 year olds is a little suspect though :)

I can't vote from work, but I'm guessing girl!