Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It's April, Fools!

I'm behind on things. What else is new?

For example, I just updated my blog header today. It's April 5th - and I set these ridiculous goals for myself by having a blog header for each month instead of just leaving a permanent one up there. But I like 'em. And I think you do too. So each month end I'll continue to stress over not taking any good pictures to use in it over the prior month. Such as I did this month.

I feel like the pictures in this month's header need some explanation. (And if you are reading this in some other month than April of 2011, this is the header I'm talking about since it won't be up there in future months....except maybe the first week of May 2011 given my procrastinating nature.)

First, I did not spawn two 7 year old girls. Those are my darling nieces whom I love to pieces. You probably already knew that, but just in case you are new around here I thought I'd clear that up.

Second, John is wearing a mop cover on his head. It's this little cover thing that goes over the wood floor mop. This was surprisingly the best picture (and one of the only pictures) that I could find of him from 2011. Part my fault for not taking as many pictures lately; mostly his fault for not wanting to be in pictures ever. Plus, it's pretty funny - as an added bonus.

Third - the highly coveted bump picture. This was me at 16 weeks 1 day. [For those of you not up with the pregnancy lingo - that's 4 months. But pregnancy lasts 40 weeks which isn't exactly the 9 months you always hear people saying, which is why you actually use weeks to determine how far along you are...just FYI.]

I went to Daytona for an extra long weekend this past weekend and somehow gained this belly looking contraption while I was there...in part due to an over indulgence of french toast I think. John didn't go with me, and was pretty surprised at the looks of it when I got home. I knew when I got dressed for work this morning that people that I hadn't told personally at work would start saying stuff today. & my thoughts were confirmed at 8:14 a.m. when the first person asked me about it. I have a belly - wahoo!

Here it is bigger and better:
049-2

Just a little roundness, which is how I plan to stay for the next 3 or so months. Which means this was all a hoax! Gasp!

Finally, I went to the doctor today and had a great visit where I heard the heartbeat once again - a steady 148. & even more excitingly, I scheduled the fun ultrasound where we find out if this baby is a girl or boy 15 days from today. So the countdown is on. Which means I can live in my dream world where I'm having a girl for just 15 more days. & then on that day the ultrasound tech will crush my hopes and dreams when she tells me "It's a boy!" I just know it's going to happen. (and I'm {mostly} kidding, before you yell at me and try to get DSS to take away my future child.)

And that's about it for me. What's new with you, lovely readers?
.
.

2 comments:

MillerMama said...

You look great and I'm jealous of your flip flops!

I was sure my girl dreams were going to be crushed too - hope you've got a girl in there!

Missy said...

Aww you look beautiful with your baby bump!