Thursday, April 21, 2011

Haiku Thursday

haiku2

It's been a while since I've been haikuing. The original haikuer hasn't haikued in a while, but her haikuing legacy shall live on here.

[As always, if you'd like to participate, let me know in my comments!  And, if you need a little extra help in the poetry department: a haiku is a short poem consisting of three lines; the first line having 5 syllables, the second 7, and the third 5.]

Once upon a time,
I dreamed of a little girl
Of my own. Got her.

I can't believe that I actually am getting the girl that I want. That never happens! If you want something too bad, the universe will give you the opposite. At least that's what I was telling myself in preparation for our ultrasound appointment yesterday. But, apparently the universe likes me! It really likes me!

It took our ultrasound technician about 3.5 seconds to tell us she was a she, and I think I said "Ohh yayy." in a really unenthusiastic way when she gave us the news. But little did she know I was jumping up and down inside! We are so excited!

I typically am not a fan of ultrasound pictures, but I'll share one anyways. Just be glad I didn't scan the whole string of 9 pictures we walked out of the doctor's office with. Here she is!

scan0002

We love her already!
.
.

3 comments:

The Diniwilks said...

Yayyyyyyyyy!!!! I'm so happy for you, Lacey! Awwww, a girl :)

Missy said...

So excited for you! She's gonna be a cutie!

MillerMama said...

So happy for you
Our girls will be so much fun
Start buying pink stuff!