Wednesday, March 30, 2011

You pansy, you.

My Mama is the best gardener in all of the land. Her flowers are always immaculate and the most beautifulest and she knows the name of every plant there is. I want to be just like her when I grow up.

Naturally, you would expect her daughters to inherit this trait from her. With such a great resource for gardening and flower-growing at our fingertips, it's no wonder that we all have bright green thumbs as well, even if they are just thumbs in training.

Earlier this fall, my Mama gave us each a hanging basket of pansies because she had purchased too many for her yard. Now that it is spring time again, they are really getting beautiful and growing like weeds. But not weeds, because, well, they're pansies.

So, I thought I'd share pictures of the pansies that each of my sisters and I have been taking care of this winter. They are all so beautiful, do you agree?

Here are mine:

141

And these are my sister Christy's - right after a rain storm for a little extra photogenic-ness:

DSCN0828

And then these are Joy's - still hanging so beautifully by her front door:
photo

At least she's proud of her basket of nothingness! It's like The Emperor's New Clothes; she swears she still sees the most beautiful flowers overflowing from her basket. I do too, Joy. I do too.
photo1

1 comment:

The Diniwilks said...

Hah! How did you keep them alive all winter? Mine would definitely look like Joy's.