Monday, February 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Danny!

Today is my brother-in-law Danny's birthday! Happy Birthday Danny!

Danny is married to my sister Joy, the mother of the twin girls I may have mentioned a time or two before. He's been around for a very long time too, just like my other brother-in-law Chris. I think the first time I met him, I was around 12 or so, but I can't remember my exact age. I do remember meeting him for the first time though.

Joy was getting ready to go out on a date with Danny, and it was the infamous "meet the parents" time in their relationship. Along with meeting the parents, Danny also got to meet the little brother and sister - lucky him! When the doorbell rang, I ran to the door to let him in and my first two thoughts were this: "Whoa. He's really tall." and "Whoa. He has a ponytail!"

scan0039

& after all of these years full of family vacations, birthday celebrations and holidays, Danny has just become one of the family, less the in-law status. Ponytail and all.

scan0087

Eventually though, the pony rode off into the sunset and Danny stayed.

scan0143

And then would come this part in my normal formula for writing a birthday blog: [Tell a little story about something funny regarding this family member.] And Danny is definitely in the top tier of funny family members, but my brain is really struggling lately. & this is all I came up with...

So each Christmas, Danny and Joy would give each other Christmas presents during our normal family Christmas celebration. This one year, Danny was giving Joy a gift in a huge, heavy box and Joy was really excited about whatever was in it.

So Joy rips open the present, opens the box, and there was a gallon of paint in there! What the??

Of course, it was just a decoy present, and her actual present was something really light and little. And if I could remember what the actual present was, this would be a good place to mention it.... [crickets]

Oh ha, ha, ha! Soooo funny right?

(Danny, don't hate me. This was all my brain allowed for me to come up with! You know I love ya!)

So anyways, then the wonderful Danny married my even wonderfuller sister, Joy, (sorry Danny, I had to!) along with Mickey and Minnie in Disney World.

scan0022 (2)

And then came the beautiful blonde girls, and they all lived happily ever after.
b (427)

Happy happiest birthday Danny! We love you!

And in typical Danny voice: BA HA HA, I'm justtttttt kiddinnnnnnnnn.

No comments: