Sunday, February 27, 2011

Excuses

I have excuses for everything.

For example, you may ask, "Dear Lacey, why have you not updated your blog in over a week?" (besides that pesky little post you just did that answered this question.)

And I'd answer, "Because I've been working too much and I'm just so tired when I finally get home." (See that, that was TWO excuses in one.)

Then I'd also add (for good measure), that I've had some of the best blogging topics E-V-E-R lately and they just swirl around in my head and never get tapped out on the keyboard. If there was just a machine that could jot down my thoughts as I thunk 'em, this blog would be a hit.

Or you'd ask, "Lacey, how come you have skipped a few days in your 365 Day Photo Challenge?"

And I'd answer, because I haven't been feeling so great, and there are only so many interesting pictures you can take from the confines of one's bed or couch. Would changing the title to 357 Day Photo Challenge suit you better?"

And then you'd ask, "But Lacey, why are you so tired and sickly lately?"

And finally, I'd answer, "Because of this extra weight I've been carrying around."

Cause you see, dear readers, there's a baby in ma belly! (Well, I'm hoping that it's technically in my uterus and not my belly, but let's not get technical here. I mean, it's clearly my belly where I'm seeing the effects anyways.) And even though it's merely the size of a lime this week and a little over 1 inch long, this baby has been kicking my butt. 

Due September 17, 2011!
That little white hair there is courtesy of the one and only Tuna and his obsession with the printer/scanner.

And also, I have no idea what this picture is of (besides the baby, of course). So you don't have to pretend and say ohhh, so cute! Because I know, as well as you do, that it's looking like a blurry blob in the middle of some black stuff which is in the middle of some more blurry stuff right now.

But yes. I'm pregnant. 11 weeks and 1 day to be precise and if all goes as planned, this baby will be joining the world on September 17th, 2011. & if you try to be smart and use a reverse due date calculator and see any date in that range that may or may not be holy and assume negative things about me, I may just beat you up. That is a threat. (But not the kind that can get me arrested for communicating threats over the internet, your honor.)

You should feel special that I actually used the word 'pregnant' to announce to you, dear readers. Because, as I announced to my family, and announced to my workplace, and then even announced to facebook (oh yeah, I'm facebook official), I have yet to actually mutter that word. For some reason it makes me feel all weird and stuff. So I kinda have just been beating around the bush with my announcements and setting them up in a way that the only logical assumption would be that I am pregnant. I'm so mature I don't even know what to do with myself.

So let the judgement and advice-giving begin. I know that becoming a mother is when you officially tell the world - "PLEASE! Judge me and give me all the advice you have!" I have been judging all my life, so it only makes sense that it's time for me to move on to the other side. I cannot freaking wait for this part!

And, just to finish this out with another good excuse: Please don't hold my previous judging against me. I was just uninformed and I didn't know. I take it all back. I didn't give the side-eye to your screaming child in that restaurant! I didn't sigh somewhat aloud when you and your baby took the seat next to me on the train. I didn't, I didn't, I didn't! You have to believe me!
.
.

4 comments:

Robin Harvey said...

Congrats girl! Im so excited for you and John (Oh yeah Reese and Tuna also) Im sure you both will be great parents!

Becky said...

Congrats! :)

MillerMama said...

Yay! And don't worry...I feel totally weird using the word "pregnant" too. I've used, "We're having a baby" a lot or told people, "You're going to be a great-grandma again", etc.

The Diniwilks said...

How fun, I JUST started reading your blog, and now there's a BABY! I'm due about a month before you, if you get a kick out of reading the ramblings of other preggos. Congratulations!!!!