Sunday, January 16, 2011

Slobbish

021My BFF Amy and I (that's her over there --->, HI AMY!) went out to dinner Friday night. We just needed some time to chat and catch up. In the midst of the chatting and catching up, the subject of housekeeping comes up. Amy is a very neat person, and I know that in comparison I probably look like a slob. I didn't realize just how slobbish I was until after we had this conversation though.

Amy has a little dog Lola who is the cutest thing in the world. Lola is just a tiny thing with just a tiny bladder and sometimes she needs to be let out in the middle of the night. Amy, being the loving doggie mommy that she is will always get up and let her out regardless of the time on the clock. As she goes downstairs to let the dog out though, if she so happens to notice even one dish in the sink, she feels the overwhelming need to wash it right then and there. & she'll do so even if it's 2:30 in the morning.

So when she tells me this, I don't think I was really all that shocked. But, as it has sunken in over the last couple of days, I just cannot believe how slobbish I now feel. Because, well, sometimes the dishes in our house may get a little neglected. & they all hang out in the sinks having a dirty dish party until John or I decide we've had enough.

Today, I'd had enough so I did the dishes. But, the whole time I was thinking, "If Amy lived here the poor girl wouldn't have been able to go back to sleep for hours!" Because, well, my sink looked like this:
003

Sure, maybe it's a little blurry of a picture. Maybe I wanted to save myself some dignity. But, even though that's the extreme of how many dishes will pile up before I'll touch them it's still pretty embarrassing when I compare myself to Amy.

But, since being modest and ashamed isn't really in my nature, I have also posted the unblurrified picture on my 365 Day Photo Challenge page. Please tell me I'm not the only one that lets it get this bad! It's not just me, is it??
.
.

1 comment:

Mrs. B said...

It's not just you! We do the same thing :)